Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Breakup... and then she comes back. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=10143)

• Jun 9, 2005, 08:48 AM
    CroCivic91
    Breakup... and then she comes back.
    This is just a theoretical question.

Imagine a girl wanting to break up, and after a few weeks she comes back, wanting to get back together. How do you react in such a situation? This topic didn't get much attention here.

Of course, you do not answer her calls right away, and so on... but once you do, and she mentions the posibility of getting back together... what do you do? Say things like: "well, i might consider it...", or just skip the trying-to-act-as-if-you-could-care-less and go for it?
  • Jun 9, 2005, 08:59 AM
    Wildcat21
    Don't be needy. I would not commit right there. Get together and spend time together and see how it goes. See if YOU still have feelinsg for her - in your mind you might - but if you see them you might have this repulsed feeling (seriously) because they initailly rejected you.

You have to get together and see.
  • Jun 9, 2005, 09:04 AM
    Wildcat21
    Did someone come back in your life there pal?
  • Jun 9, 2005, 09:22 AM
    CroCivic91
    No, no one returned into my life... I don't want anyone to return to my life. All the ex girls are forgotten, and forgotten for good.

I'm just thinking about a lot of things and so the question I asked just fell on my mind, so I thought I'd ask it here.
  • Jun 9, 2005, 09:29 AM
    CroCivic91
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    Don't be needy. I would not commit right there. Get together and spend time together and see how it goes. See if YOU still have feelinsg for her - in your mind you might - but if you see them you might have this repulsed feeling (seriously) because they initailly rejected you.

Great advice there... I actually experienced the thing you mentioned here. With the only girl I loved till now... well, she dumped me and I was thinking about her a lot... hoped she would come back, or at least call me, or text, or perhaps we'll meet in town. Well, eventually we did meet in town (accidently) about a year later. After the first few moments when my heart started beating (really hard) I was really looking forward to end the conversation as soon as possible. Just couldn't stand being there, looking at her and talking to her. Just wanted to get the hell away. Luckily the bus arrived so I left.

All it took was a few words with her to get her out of my mind for good.
  • Jun 9, 2005, 10:07 AM
    Wildcat21
    Happens ALL the time - You have this GREAT build up in your mind and it really isn't what she really is. Reality is the only thing that matters.

You get with that person later and she may even creep you out.

What's in your mind and what reality really is - are NOT the same - TWO entirely different things.
  • Jun 9, 2005, 12:00 PM
    lickemlolly
    Lol... if she mentions the possibility of getting back together and you still have feelings for that person I think you should go for it... nonchalant attitude may push the person away for good... but if you're not sure about the feelings perhaps it is best to trial and error... then again be careful women can use men all the time... maybe she would want to get back with you because of the things you did or bought for her when you were with her... never done it personally but if a man is stupid enough to let a woman use him then she should take him for every penny he has and if he's stupid enough to take her back then he needs help
  • Jun 9, 2005, 01:48 PM
    CroCivic91
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lickemlolly
    lol...if she mentions the possibility of getting back together and you still have feelings for that person i think you should go for it...nonchalant attitude may push the person away for good...but if youre not sure about the feelings perhaps it is best to trial and error...then again be careful women can use men all the time...maybe she would want to get back with you because of the things you did or bought for her when you were with her...never done it personally but if a man is stupid enough to let a woman use him then she should take him for every penny he has and if hes stupid enough to take her back then he needs help

I agree with you. Although, I'm going by that old saying: "If you trick me once - shame on you. If you trick me twice - shame on me." (or whatever you would phrase that)