Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Skin Lightening (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=386)
-   -   Hi, I want to lighten my skin please help. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=484523)

• Jul 1, 2010, 07:03 AM
    frenchgirl
    Hi, I want to lighten my skin please help.
    I'm dark olive and have been attempting to lighten my skin for 5 years now however, I still haven't had any success. ;( Please can someone advise me on what to use.

Also do the whitening soaps actually work?

Thanks in advance.
  • Jul 1, 2010, 07:15 AM
    dontknownuthin
    Take care of the skin you have - avoid the sun, use sunscreen and learn to love yourself as you are.

I am Irish-American and have almost colorless fair skin - I hate it. I look at women from India, Africa and Asia with such envy! To have that rich, brown skin - it is so beautiful. Breaks my heart that we are never happy with what we have. I need to learn to accept that I'll never have a tan and will be the whitest body on the beach, and you need to learn that women like me envy you (ask any white woman - she'd always like to have a tan!)

About 10 years ago I went to Thailand and a massage therapist commented how beautiful my skin was - so did about a dozen other people. The entire time I was very self-concious because, coming from a Minnesota winter, I was totally white and embarrassed that I was so pale.

We all need to get over it!
  • Jul 2, 2010, 02:22 AM
    MAHARANI

Yes it is important that we love ourselves but there is nothing wrong with wanting to change an aspect of ourself. That is what having choices is all about. I am glad that in your own case you have decided that it is better to accept that your skin is the way it is but I personally prefer not to tell others that they should not try to change something if that is what they have chosen to do. Better to offer safe options where possible. And agreed that sun protection is a big must, even if lightening is not the chosen route.
  • Jul 3, 2010, 05:18 AM
    SouthAfricacute

Since you're a dark olive,I'm guessing your Mediterranean
    Looking with by the way is gorgeous.
    Start by using exfoliants and natural imgriendants.

1. Exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate. Invest,in a micro cloth,exfoliation gloves and if you can go to your derm to pescribe Retin a for in at 0.025% just to start the skin turn over and desquamation process that be great.
    3. Could be that you've just got a perma tan over the years and underneath all of that you've actually got a lighter skin.
    4.Alpha burtin Google it. With papaya soap or a black soap do Google it I would link you just don't want to get in to trouble if you understand.
    5.And don't under estimate the power of a good sun screen get one you won't be sorry.
    That's all I can think of right now
  • Jul 4, 2010, 11:04 PM
    jiyaaa
    Hey... if you really want to a lighten your skin try worldofintertainment23.come, I just found that site because one of my friend told me she is a black girl from Africa and its working really really good for her just in a week,there are many but she told me she is using mega blast cream. Check it out its going to help you for sure if it works on a very dark skin,else you can use stillmans bleach cream which is one of the best cream ever,Google it you may find it on internet.
  • Jul 12, 2010, 01:43 PM
    kerrydee22
    The cream that works and is very popular is fashion fair its says fast action on the packet it's a (pink packet) and it means it I used fashion fair and lemon bleching cream mixed together and I got to the skin tone of beyonce in a week!! Its unbelivable but it does work and when I started I was kelly rowlands colour try it out and let me know the results
  • Jul 13, 2010, 06:07 PM
    Violaename

While advocating for fashion Fair... dont forget to say it has steroids!
  • Sep 7, 2011, 06:06 AM
    shaniluv
    My friend uses fashion fair fast action and so does her mum they used to be very dark before lets say naoim cambel now they look mixed race complexinon.I love it and have just ordered some myself along with a black soap I'm planning to mix it with a lemmon lotion to get a nice yellow complextion.