Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Other Religion (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=425)
-   -   Fall from Grace for Lucifer (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=4991)

• Jul 23, 2003, 05:58 PM
    jfk112263
    Fall from Grace for Lucifer
    What book of the Bible discusses how and why Lucifer angel decided to go out on his own: what is the basic summary of what happened? Does the Bible describe this angel as the top angel and how was it that he decided to stray from God's word? It's a little confusing, as heavan and angels are something I associate with bliss, perfection, happiness. Does this mean that angels have free will to choose between conformity and betrayeal? Thanks.
  • Jan 3, 2004, 04:42 PM
    ysicj
    Awful long time to have to wait for an answer, but here you go.
    • Isaiah 14:12-15
      12  How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13  For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14  I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15  Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
    • Revelation 12:7  And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
  • Jan 17, 2004, 10:25 PM
    brackets
    Try the www.revelatorium.com for an enhanced revelation about Lucifer and a lot more stuff in there. Hope the religious overtones of some of these titles do not throw you off.

I read it once first like a novel and then the second time and now reading it once again.

The book <www.revelatorium.com> is not the work of the consciousness man on earth.

Brackets

• Jan 18, 2004, 06:01 AM
    ysicj
    A very good example of the type of irrational drivel that God gives over the minds of those who reject the truth to wallow in.
  • May 8, 2006, 07:52 PM
    Starman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jfk112263
    What book of the Bible discusses how and why Lucifer angel decided to go out on his own: what is the basic summary of what happened? Does the Bible describe this angel as the top angel and how was it that he decided to stray from God's word? It's a little confusing, as heavan and angels are something I associate with bliss, perfection, happiness. Does this mean that angels have free will to choose between conformity and betrayeal? Thanks.

Quote:

What book of the Bible discusses how and why Lucifer angel decided to go out on his own:

There are several books which help us to understand what happened and its immediate consequences. The book of Genesis and the book of Ezekiel give brief descriptions.

Quote:

what is the basic summary of what happened?

First, the heavenly creatures referred to as sons of God and as angels were present when God created the heavens and the earth.

God said: "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth... and all the sons of God shouted for joy? (Job 38.4a, 38.7b)

Among these who witnessed the creation of the material universe was the angel known then as Lucifer. He wasn't a top angel since he is described as a cherub and the Seraphim of which Isaiah had a vision are considered of higher rank.

In his position as a cherub, Lucifer was assigned to be in Eden in a covering or protective capacity. No specific details are given but it is assumed that he was there to do God's will in reference to mankind of God as all faithful angels do.

Quote:

how was it that he decided to stray from God's word?
    During that time, he began to delve on his own status and the possibilities inherent in the situation. As he delved on the possibilities, he began to crave full liberty to do as he pleased and envy the worship given his creator. Instead of seeing Adam and Eve as his younger brethren in need of guidance and his protection, he began to envision them as potential worshippers and as recruits for his rebellion.

But it wasn't God's power he was challenging. He knew that such a challenge would result in his immediate destruction, So instead he cunningly brought God's right to be worshipped and to rule the universe into question by calling God selfishly unjust and of withholding things from his intelligent creatures that they deserved to have because of it.

Genesis 3:
    4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

His actions also imply that creastures tempted will fall away from God's worship.
    This accusation is clearly expressed in his own words in the book of Job:

Job1:

9Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
    10Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? Thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
    11But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face

. Two perfect creatures had gone over to his side of the issue and had declared their belief that they could do OK on their own and that they didn't need God to succeed. So destroying Satan and the human rebels immediately would not answer any of these issues. Therefore God chose to allow the rebels time to prove their point which he knew would fail but which once shown to have failed would provide a legal precedent applicable to any future rebellious action anywhere within his universe.

Quote:

It's a little confusing, as heavan and angels are something I associate with bliss, perfection, happiness.
    Faithful angels are happy and are perfect. Perfection in God's eyes requires that a creature have freedom to choose.
    So angels were given that ability. The Bible tells us that Satan and his angels had access to heaven.

Job 1:
    6Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
    7And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

This privilege would end as was revealed to John and recorded in Revelation. When it was, he and his had to be ousted by force. This accusation activities in heaven thus came abruptly to an end.

Revelation 12

7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
    8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
    9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
    10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

:o) Bible Bell's FAQ on angels, God, Jesus, and the Bible

BTW

After the rebellion, two faithful cherubim were assigned to bar the way to the tree of life