I was removing my submersible pump and had removed about 45ft of pipe the well is 150ft when it fell back into the well, how do I continue to remove the pump with out this happening again also the pump seems to be stuck?:(

Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
    If I were going to try to fabricate a tool for this, I think it would look something like this.
    Thank you. We are going to try this, keep your fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    How much was the pro going to charge?

How far down is it to the top of the well pipe? Can you see it?
    Around 2000. We can not see the pipe we think about 40 to 50 ft down.

Last edited by speedball1; Sep 22, 2009 at 05:24 AM.
    Search this Question
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 2,945, Reputation: 143
    Well & Pump Expert

#21

Sep 22, 2009, 01:41 PM

If you want to get really techie, could you use one of the snakes plumbers use that has an attached camera with, I suppose, a light? Run it down with your device and actually be able to see what you're doing.
    hkstroud's Avatar
    hkstroud Posts: 11,882, Reputation: 893
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

#22

Sep 22, 2009, 02:19 PM

Yes, I thought about that. Be worth the cost if it saved the well.
    mygirlsdad77's Avatar
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,715, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

#23

Sep 22, 2009, 03:19 PM

You have really thought this through Harold.
    Leeion, please let us know if this works. I tend to be a "glass half empty" type with this sort of thing, but if it works, it could make someone a lot of money, while saving many homeowners with wells big bucks. It would be a win win siutuation.

jlisenbe, poly is ideal for these depths, and a small pump, We use it all the time. With extremely deep wells and large pumps, you are correct threaded pvc is the way to go.
    hkstroud's Avatar
    hkstroud Posts: 11,882, Reputation: 893
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

#24

Oct 13, 2009, 04:31 AM

Anybody done anything??
    mygirlsdad77's Avatar
    Plumbing Expert

#25

Oct 13, 2009, 03:52 PM

Not me, other than be reeeeally careful not to loose a pump down a well.. lol.
    leelon's Avatar
    leelon Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

#26

Oct 19, 2009, 01:08 AM
    Hey harold we are still fabricating the device
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 2,945, Reputation: 143
    Well & Pump Expert

#27

Oct 19, 2009, 04:14 AM

As you might imagine, this has become a very interesting thread. Thanks for the updates.
    hkstroud's Avatar
    hkstroud Posts: 11,882, Reputation: 893
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

#28

Oct 19, 2009, 09:26 AM

For what it's worth, I was playing around a few days ago, Put a 1" PVC pipe inside a 6" PVC pipe, laying over to one side. Pushed a 6" funnel down the 6" pipe. It pushed the 1" to the center just like it was supposed to. Of course there was not real resistance but was encouraging.

Why my circuit breaker keeps tripping in a submersible water pump? [ 13 Answers ]

We live in the lower Hudson Valley of New York State where currently we're getting lots of rain. Is it possible that something happened to the wiring causing a short circuit? Water pump will trip 20-25 seconds immediately after being reset. Right afterward, it will trip again within 10-15...

Submersible water pump [ 8 Answers ]

Our water comes from a deep well, and at this time we don't have enough water pressure. I was told that the submersible water pump needs to be replaced but I doubt because it is working. I would like to know how I can fix the problem, and if the pump needs to be pulled out then I need ideas of...

Submersible Water pump Lag time in turning on [ 1 Answers ]

We have a manufactured home with an assume submersible pump as we cannot find another pump anywhere. Our water will run for several minutes but then stops and there is a few minute lag before the pump triggers to come on then the water flow returns. What is the problem and how do we solve it. ...

Submersible water pump trouble [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having trouble with my water so I bought a new water pump, it's the submersible type for a well. The water would work for a short time then just stop. The new water pump does the same thing. I can't find anyone who can tell me what the problem is. The bladder tank pressure is reading 32...

How can I get the old submersible pump out? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I asked the submersible pump question a while ago and speedball1 helped me a lot. I have additional question now. I have located the well. Can you tell me the steps to pull the pump out? Is it doable for an layman like me? I am pretty comfortable to explorer things but would like to...