Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Other Travel (
-   -   Basic travel allowance (

  • Jun 26, 2012, 04:45 AM
    Basic travel allowance
    Does a non U.S citizen need a basic travel allowance to travel to the U.S
  • Jun 26, 2012, 04:49 AM

    Originally Posted by clairea View Post
    Does a non U.S citizen need a basic travel allowance to travel to the U.S

    Well, you wasn't expecting to pick up work here to finance your trip did you? Because as a visitor or tourist, you don't have the legal right to work. So clearly you are going to need the money to support yourself for the duration.
  • Jun 26, 2012, 04:51 AM
    I don't believe you need to show that you have money to enter on a tourist visa. But you will need some way to pay your way.
  • Jun 26, 2012, 05:02 AM
    There is no requirement to show money in the bank, And you did not say, but this would not be ghana would it, the world famous location for dating fraud ?
  • Jun 26, 2012, 05:36 AM
    Good point... likely from one of those places that need a VISA to travel too. And some sucker is about to send money to some Burly Nigerian Guy on a computer in Ghana thinking its his girlfriend.
  • Jun 26, 2012, 06:00 AM
    I will give it that a tourest visa is a lot different from other types of VISA, try entering Canada from the US to work, ( what a hassle)
    I am working on my visa now for oversea and with physcial, passport I am already to about 600 dollars.
  • Jun 26, 2012, 06:07 AM
    I can work in Italy Legally (and elligible for dual citizenship)... that might be transferrable to other EU countries... I was grandfathered into the OLD Italian Immigration law.

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:09 PM.