Why does my bunny charge at me?

Asked Feb 24, 2012, 07:04 PM 20 Answers
    My bunny is a year old. He is not good around people, because when he was younger we had to handle him a lot to give him medicine. He is fine around me, but when my mom gets in the play area with us. Or when she feeds him he charges at her and grunts. Today he was hanging out with me and my mom came in the play area and he charged at her and then he came to me for comfort. I thought he was fine so I lowered my face to his level (but nowhere near his face) and he charged at my face. I'm not sure but maybe he know the tension between my mom and me and maybe he is acting on it. But why is he charging and running away from me. He used to lie with his feet out and be happy, but the last few months he doesn't really want me to pet him and he is kind of acting mean. What do I do?

Last edited by Wondergirl; Feb 24, 2012 at 09:08 PM.
    Search this Question
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 27,719, Reputation: 5872
    Pets Expert

#21

Feb 24, 2012, 09:14 PM

Quote Originally Posted by kstaylor921 View Post
    thank you
    You're welcome.

He looks very happy in that picture.

When a rabbit is content and happy they lay exactly like he is. Just sort of flopped. In fact, they'll jump around racing like a little bullet, then suddenly just flop to their side. It's a sign that they're happy and feel secure. :)

My bunny [ 22 Answers ]

Thank you for the offer Alty. I not knowledgeable about bunnies but am willing to learn. Please correct things that are wrong. I am trying to include all relevant info as I know that is necessary if I have forgotten anything let me know. Noble Garden my bunny was bought from a pet store. I...

Should I charge a fix rate or charge by the square ft to paint a house exterior. [ 1 Answers ]

Should I charge a fix rate or charge by the square foot to paint the exterior of a home around 2000 square feet?

What I need to do for my bunny? [ 35 Answers ]

I thought I would get better help and more replies if I posted here. What do you use for the bunnies to chew on to keep their teeth grinded down? Or am I better off having her taken to the vet. When can she be spayed? At what age anyway? Oh and Alty if you come back and read this, I was...

I want a bunny [ 10 Answers ]

I want a bunny I never told my mom I wanted a bunny yet I am scared of what she is going too say. I bet she is going to say you have too many animals I have 2 dogs 5 cats 2 ponies 6 chinkens 2 goats and one is going to have a baby next year:D 1 bird only 2 animals live in the house. I take care of...

My bunny again. [ 5 Answers ]

So well... My rabbit is pulling out a lot of fur, and making a nest with it, SHE IS NOT PREGNANT, as she hasn't been around a male for at least 4 months. Im not worried about the whole nest thing, its about how much hair she is taking out! Half her cage is complete hair! Also I don't know if I...