Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Other Law (
-   -   Release funds in a frozen account (

  • Mar 25, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Release funds in a frozen account
    If anyone can help it would be great. I have a bank account that has been frozen by the courts for a judgement that was entered against me. After the judgement was entered against me I filed bankruptcy. This judgement was included in my bankruptcy. I want to get the funds out of this account the bank told me I need to ask the judge to release the funds. I called the court and they said I need to petition the judge to release the funds but I don't know how to go about this. Can anyone please help?
  • Mar 26, 2008, 12:52 PM
    The judgment is the 'result' of a case brought by a plaintiff/creditor, who claimed you owed something. Then, the plaintiff/creditor filed a garnishment or levy against the bank. You need to provide the plaintiff/creditor with a notice of filing of bankruptcy, and include your case number and date of filing if you can't provide/attach some other notice of filing. At that point, the plaintiff/creditor should dismiss or release the garnishment or levy, and you can get your funds.
  • Mar 27, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Hello slang:

    Write the judge a letter asking him to release the funds and ask him to consider your letter a petition. Send a copy to the plaintiff's lawyer too. Send your letters certified, return receipt requested.


  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28 AM.