Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Other Law (
-   -   Military Contracts (

  • Apr 29, 2007, 11:22 AM
    Military Contracts
    If an individual is in the middle of a contract with one branch of service in the military is there anyway they can switch to another brach and serve the remainder of the contract with that different branch. If not is there a way to legally terminate one military contract to engage in a new one with a different brach of military service.
  • Apr 30, 2007, 06:08 AM
    Hello jack:

    You'll probably have to wait until your current contract is fulfilled. However, ask.

  • Apr 30, 2007, 06:40 AM
    Yeah, ask your administrative staff! It will all depend on what you've agreed to in your contract and if your contract is to stay in the military on a whole, or just your branch of the military!
  • Apr 30, 2007, 08:51 AM
    I have numerous friends who have done lateral transfers in the military. They have to be approved by your chain of command though. They are not guaranteed. It will depend on whether your unit is stretched or overstaffed. It will also depend on any pending deployments. Also, a transfer will be much more likely to happen if you will be receiving a commission in the other branch. This happened for one friend DURING a pending deployment. Good Luck!

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:58 AM.