Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Other Business & Careers (
-   -   Other than honorable discharge (

  • Jul 19, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Other than honorable discharge
    I'm currently in the military, and I've been diagnosed with a personality disorder, they are chaptering me out because of this, but my packet is at JAG, and it's been kicked back twice already. I'm getting really impatient and me and my wife really need to go back home. We are currently in germany, newly weds, 19 years old. And it's too much on us. I'm thinking about just doing something craazy to get an other than honorable discharge, so they will send us home asap. Will I be able to get a good job with an other than honorable discharge? Anybody... thanks.
  • Jul 19, 2007, 01:09 PM
    You should really wait for your packet to come back.

    I got discharged from the Navy, Other than Honorable, with Honorable conditions. I do not have a problem getting a job, but if I were you I would still wait.

    Are you looking at getting any disability or severance? If so, you will need to wait for your packet to come back. If you don't, you won't get anything.
  • Aug 11, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Most jobs won't ask to see a dd214 but you could not tell them you were even in either. I went awol after being prolonged on the medical discharge. Last year I made $53,000 and I'm 25 now no one there knows what discharge I had, I told them it was medical and that was the reason NOBODY checks it. It doesn't hold you back whatsoever. Unless you may get benefits or you have a desire for the Law Enforcement field, and that varies.
  • Aug 11, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Yes wait, many jobs may at some point and time require a national security clearnance, and it will show up.
    Plus if you need treatment for this latter you will need the clear discharge

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:21 PM.