Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Other Arts & Leisure (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230)
-   -   Fundraising for Kenya (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=747246)

  • May 3, 2013, 04:23 PM
    carebear0550
    Fundraising for Kenya
    Hello. Is there any crafts and activities that anyone can think of for a 12 year old to make money with. I am trying to raise enough money for a trip to Kenya for myself.
    Any crafts or fundraisers would be greatly appreciated.
  • May 3, 2013, 08:10 PM
    smoothy
    Exactly WHO is going to let a 12 year old travel to Kenya by themselves?
  • May 3, 2013, 08:44 PM
    springfall79
    I have some ideas :
    You can help organize a fundraiser for instants selling home-made crafts, food, old toys, old clothes etc. You can get money for that using it on the tickets, and then save up more $ for a orphanage, building a school. Whatever you think people would give their money for a GOOD CAUSE ONLY.
  • May 10, 2013, 05:55 PM
    carebear0550
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by springfall79 View Post
    I have some ideas :
    You can help organize a fundraiser for instants selling home-made crafts, food, old toys, old clothes etc. You can get money for that using it on the tickets, and then save up more $ for a orphanage, building a school. Whatever you think people would give their money for a GOOD CAUSE ONLY.

    Those are some great ideas! Thanks!
  • May 10, 2013, 05:57 PM
    carebear0550
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Exactly WHO is going to let a 12 year old travel to Kenya by their self?

    It won't be entirely by myself some more kids form school were planning on going if they could fundraise enough.
  • May 10, 2013, 06:00 PM
    smoothy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by carebear0550 View Post
    It won't be entirely by myself some more kids form school were planning on going if they could fundraise enough.

    OK.. Chaperoned school trip... You should have mentioned that up front... it really does make all the difference.

    However a school trip with underage schoolkids to a third world poor foreign country... I see so many things that can go wrong.
  • May 10, 2013, 07:06 PM
    smoothy
    But of all the places in the world you could go that have actual historical significance... England... Italy, France Germany... etc... why such an insignificant place with almost no historical or cultural significance like Kenya?
  • May 17, 2013, 05:29 PM
    carebear0550
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    But of all the places in the world you could go that have actual historical significance....England...Italy, France Germany...etc......why such an insignificant place with almost no historical or cultural significance like Kenya?

    We're going there to help build schools, and water facilities.
  • Jun 6, 2013, 06:16 PM
    smoothy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by carebear0550 View Post
    We're going there to help build schools, and water facilities.

    12 year old's are going to build schools and water facilities? What does any 12 year old know about anything needed to accomplish either of those tasks... they both require very specialized knowledge and experience... none of which you get in a primary school.

    Hate to bust your bubble... But while I actually do have much of the skill sets needed to do those (most people don't) under the management of professionals in the fields (I do lack the technical knowledge to design and head up those projects).
  • Jun 6, 2013, 06:21 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    12 year old's are going to build schools and water facilities? What does any 12 year old know about anything needed to accomplish either of those tasks...they both require very specialized knowledge and experience...none of which you get in a primary school.

    And why spend thousands of dollars to get there? All that money could easily benefit someone in her own back yard, in her own town.

    My son's church sent annual groups to Haiti to rebuild -- noble, but they finally figured out they would do better helping people in their own county, in their own town.

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:34 PM.