Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mandy20 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2016, 01:49 PM
    Back surgery 5 weeks ago will doctor cut me off pain medication cold?
    After back surgery in April been getting 120 oxycodone 5mg can or will dr cut me off cold I'm still in pain
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2016, 02:10 PM
    Have you had any rehab yet? Have you seen the doctor for a follow-up exam?

May 23, 2016, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    No rehab as of yet,tomorrow will be second follow up
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2016, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mandy20 View Post
    No rehab as of yet,tomorrow will be second follow up
    Then ask about the pain meds. AND be sure to ask how long the pain is supposed to last.

May 23, 2016, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    no rehab as of yet second follow tomorrow
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 23, 2016, 04:28 PM
    You need to make it clear that you are still in pain and in what ways. Make a list if you need to.
    Doctors are reluctant to hand out narcotics like candy, as well they should be. So you have to SAY that you are in pain.
    Promise to taper them off by cutting in half, and alternating with Tylenol and ibuprofin. It's a good plan anyway.

I would try for some legal cannabis oil or candies, part THC, mostly CBD. Narcotics are just too problematic, and cannabis is SOOOO much more gentle and pleasant and non-addictive.
    If you are supposed to WALK a bit each day, do so! If it hurts, do it in tiny time amounts a few times a day.
    Follow the post-op instructions to a T.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2016, 04:52 PM
    I had very painful ankle reconstruction and do well with prescription ibuprofen. Not addictive at all. It seems that you should be getting off the narcotics.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 23, 2016, 04:57 PM
    Can they, yes of course, if they feel you are becoming addicted or if they believe you are abusing your prescriptions.

A question would be, why do you believe the doctor would cut you off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Workers' Comp Doctor says I can go back to work when I need surgery [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've been out of work since Nov 4 2013. I've torn my rotator cuff and tendon and biceps. Two tears all the way through and one tendon has come unattached. Workers comp sent me to therapy for 8 weeks (which only made it worse) and then finally got me an MRI. The surgeon said without a doubt...

24 weeks 5 days stomach pain, back pain [ 3 Answers ]

Iam 24 weeks 5 days today I had my hospital appointment this morning and everything was fine, this afternoon when I was walking to my car my stomach started to really hurt where I had to bend over to settle it, since then I have had 2 tightings in the last hour and a half, still have tummy pain, I...

Got stabbed in back three weeks ago.my lung was puctured.when is it safe to go back t [ 1 Answers ]

Still very sore after getting stabbed in back.lung was punctured.is it safe to go back to work.I work as bricklayer

Can a doctor cut you off your medication? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been on oxy 20s for 2 years now and tylenol 4 for 5 years . I went to a party a couple of weeks ago and was offered a line of coke I decided to try it for the first time. Then I went to my doctors on Monday and he took a urine test and found coke in the test . Now he has cut me off my meds...

UTI medication not working and pain in lower back is bad [ 7 Answers ]

I am 36 weeks pregnant with my first and I have a UTI, I have had it for about a week and half I am not medication but its not helping. My pain is getting worse in the front lower abdomen and lower back, is their any home remedies I can take or do so pain lightens up, I know the baby has dropped.

View more questions Search