Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Immigration Law (
-   -   Moving to USA from Northern Ireland (

  • Aug 24, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Moving to USA from Northern Ireland
    My friends and I are currently in school living in Northern Ireland and when were 18 we are wanting to go to university there.
    Our questions are..
    Do we need a Green Card to do so?
    If so, how do we get one because they seem hard to get or you have to do some stupid lottery thing?
    Is it hard to get into the university there because our exams works differantly? We have GCSE's when were 16 and A levels when were 18.
    Do you have to be exceptionally smart? As I want to continue art and my friend wants to do CSI kind of thing ( I don't know what course she would take but she looked up on the uni we want to go to's website and they did what she wanted.)
    Can you say there after studying and make a life?

    Basically can we study and move to America without mountains of hassle?

    Much thanks =]
  • Aug 24, 2008, 01:34 PM
    no harm trying
    You should go to the web site for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. They have the means to assist you in your issue.
  • Aug 24, 2008, 01:56 PM
    You don't need a green card to go to school.
    Here's summary of student visa: US Visas: Study Visas
  • Aug 29, 2008, 07:53 AM
    I did go to the website, it's the most confusing thing I've attempted to read and I've read some confusing things.
    And I know I can go for education but after, I want to make a life there with out taking risks by entering that lottery thing.
    I read the Study Visa thing at its so much helpful information - thanks! - but how do I know if I'm up to their standard. Is it when I get my A levels when I'm 18, if I do well?
    I'm freaking out about this because its something I genuinly want to do 100%, I've still got 4 years to go but I like things sorted out.


  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:31 AM.