Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,910, Reputation: 5430
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #21

    Nov 25, 2012, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by caffy View Post
    But is a MRI really necessary even though I have went to several ent that say I have nothing wrong and pass my hearing test? I wouldn't like to waste my parents money more than I already have.
    An MRI would show damage or an abnormality in the soft tissue. I have no idea if an MRI is indicated at this point. If the audiologist said your hearing is normal, where does that take you?
    caffy's Avatar
    caffy Posts: 17, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #22

    Nov 26, 2012, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    An MRI would show damage or an abnormality in the soft tissue. I have no idea if an MRI is indicated at this point. If the audiologist said your hearing is normal, where does that take you?
    Is a MRI able to show deeper stuff in the ear? Is it able show stuff that an ent wouldn't be able to see? Or is it about the same?
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,910, Reputation: 5430
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #23

    Nov 26, 2012, 03:57 PM
    You really want an MRI, don't you! It is used to find problems such as tumors, bleeding, injury, blood vessel diseases, or infection. Do you think one of those is your problem? Remember, the audiologist said your hearing is normal.

    You first need to be reexamined by an ENT and rechecked by an audiologist.
    caffy's Avatar
    caffy Posts: 17, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #24

    Nov 26, 2012, 03:57 PM
    Mri
    Is a MRI able to show deeper stuff in the ear? Is it able show stuff that an ent wouldn't be able to see? Or is it about the same?
    caffy's Avatar
    caffy Posts: 17, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #25

    Nov 26, 2012, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You really want an MRI, don't you! It is used to find problems such as tumors, bleeding, injury, blood vessel diseases, or infection. Do you think one of those is your problem? Remember, the audiologist said your hearing is normal.

    You first need to be reexamined by an ENT and rechecked by an audiologist.
    I don't know. I read online that this man had an MRI and he found out that he had experienced hearing loss.
    caffy's Avatar
    caffy Posts: 17, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #26

    Nov 26, 2012, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by caffy View Post
    I don't know. I read online that this man had an MRI and he found out that he had experienced hearing loss.
    If I go to an ent and they say my ears look good. There no point of me getting the test again right? Cause I already know that my ears l

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

Hearing loss [ 5 Answers ]

I was tested for hearing loss and told that a hearing aid wouldn't help . My wife at times is my ears as people pass and she will tell me they spoke to me. I turn the TV or radio up and it seems normal to me but my wife tells me it's way to loud. Someone says something to me and I give them a...

Hearing Loss [ 1 Answers ]

Every time I have a cold -I have a hearing loss due to blockage in both years and it takes at least a week to restore hearing after using antibiotics .This does not seem to happen with everybody who has a cold .Any preventive treatment ? -need an advise badly since I am a teacher and cannot work...

Hearing loss [ 2 Answers ]

I blew my nose really hard and my ear popped,the next day it hurt and I have had a little loss of hearing in than ear too. The pain is gone but I still have a little loss of hearing in that ear. What should I do.

Hearing Loss [ 1 Answers ]

From my right ear cotinuous whispering sound come.I have undergone tympanoplastic surgery of both ears.But I don't get relief .wat I do now?can anyone suggest me.


View more questions Search