Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Gifted Children (
-   -   Who do I go to in the state of Washington for Grade Skipping? (

  • Dec 27, 2009, 10:16 PM
    Who do I go to in the state of Washington for Grade Skipping?
    My daughter is 11 and in the 7th grade in the state of Washington. Aposing her classmates she has talents beyond the expected, with much talents in creative activities, leading and other reasons that would leave me to think she needs to bump a grade. We've discussed it and brought out the inner details, but we just don't know where to go.
  • Dec 27, 2009, 10:20 PM
    Talk to her teachers as well as the principal of the school.
  • Mar 27, 2010, 02:31 PM

    J9 is right. Speak to her teacher and her principal. Share your thoughts and see if her teacher has noticed the things that you have. When it comes to skipping grades, just keep one thing in mind. Certain classes build off the skills of the previous ones. I wish you the best of luck.
  • Mar 27, 2010, 04:03 PM

    Yes, only the school admin can OK a skip in grades, They will be looking for nearly perfect grades plus often give them the end of the year test ( CAT, Iowa test, CRCT or other similar test your school may use) This would show if they have meet the min requirements for the next grade level.

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 PM.