Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Firearms (
-   -   A white rifle with a magazine (

  • Mar 9, 2014, 05:07 AM
    A white rifle with a magazine
    I was given a rifle but it's packed away so I don't have access to find out what it is. I remember it's white, and it has a magazine. I was told it might be an English rifle. Any ideas? The name may have begun with an"M".
  • Mar 9, 2014, 05:43 AM
    I assume by "white" you refer to the color of the stock/foregrip, which would indicate that it was made for a drill team, as the white is much more visible during manuals-at-arms. British drill rifles are by and large based on the old Enfield .303 bolt action, while American drill teams go for the M1 Garand .30-06 or M14 .308. If the magazine is detachable I would assume the M14, as the Enfield and Garand models have integral magazines. The M14 has been a popular choice for ROTC and JROTC teams, as it is somewhat smaller and lighter than the other two.

    Here are some pictures of various drill rifles, in case anything looks familiar.

    white drill rifles - Bing Images
  • Mar 9, 2014, 08:20 AM
    I agree. Normally rifles with a white stock were ones reserved for pomp and circumstance of ceremony. Regaurdless if this is something that has personal history you need to try your best to document that history so you can have something to go wth it besides just a white rifle.
  • Mar 9, 2014, 11:16 AM
    303BR Enfield has detachable mag. At least mine did.
  • Mar 9, 2014, 12:51 PM

    Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    303BR Enfield has detachable mag. At least mine did.

    They look integral in pictures. Having never handled one, I appreciate the info.

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:10 AM.