I am a single mom, living in Indiana. I have an 8 year old daughter. Her biological father has not seen her since she was 1. After her birth, he requested a paternity test & was then ordered to pay child support. He has not paid for almost 6 years, but he also has not seen her, so I don't really care. The courts recently decided to go after him for the overdue child support and are now garnishing his wages. After this happened, he contacted me telling me he either wants to have visitation with her "because he's paying for it anyway", or he wants to sign over his rights.

From what I have read here, signing over his rights will not end the child support - which is what his goal is. I am fine with not receiving child support, it has never really been paid anyway. My question is, is it possible for him to sign over his rights & both of us agree to terminate child support? Or is this only possible if someone else is willing to adopt my daughter?

I don't know if it's relevant, but my daughter is on Medicaid as a secondary insurance. I am also okay with her being taken off Medicaid if need be, her primary insurance is carried through my work.

Thank you in advance for any help.