I am pregnant and the father of the child wants to avoid court. He has offered to sign over parental rights and offered to deposit money into an account to help me. He cannot be trusted to help support this child. Is it even legal for him to just sign over rights and not be obligated by law to pay child support to help? Can he only sign over his rights if I am married and the child is going to be adopted by my husband? I have heard so many things and need to get to the bottom of this situation.