Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Family Law (
-   -   Help filling out Financial Declaration (

  • Jul 6, 2012, 06:49 PM
    Help filling out Financial Declaration
    I have looked all over the Internet for an answer and probably missing the obvious.

    I was just served yesterday with papers for modification of child support. We both live in SC and I am the custodial parent. Originally we agreed to $200 a month in CS in 2004. My ex-husband is now getting SSDI and that is the reason he is requesting a modification.

    Both of us have remarried and have additional children and I have just recently started a new job (have not received my first paycheck yet).

    I have a few questions about filling out the Financial Declaration that was included in the summons...

    1) Do I include my current husbands income or just mine?

    2) If I don't have a paystub for my job yet how do I calculate payroll deductions?

    3) Under monthly expenses do I include ALL the household expenses even though most, if not all, are primarily in my current husbands name?

    4) Lastly, should the copy of the Financial Declaration that I received have included my ex-husbands information as well, or should it have been left blank?

    I will be calling Family Court on Monday but wanted to see if I could get an answer sooner.

    Here is the link to what the form looks like, if that will help answer my question.
  • Jul 6, 2012, 06:55 PM
    Without seeing how the declaration is worded we can't answer. For example does it ask for gross or net pay? If its Net, you can ask your job for an estimate. What is the deadline for returning the declaration?
  • Jul 6, 2012, 06:58 PM
    I added the link to a copy of the form but it asks for Gross Monthly Income, then Payroll Deductions from Monthly Income.

    30 days from when I received the summons which was Thursday. Our hearing is on July 30th
  • Jul 7, 2012, 06:29 AM
    If you received the summons on Thursday, you have time to fill it out and get your first paystub. I would not submit it until then.

    As for his filling out the form, he will submit his own form. Information from both need not be on the same form. The form is a generic one, so it may ask questions that are no applicable to your situation. The biggest problem you have is the fact that your expenses are from a blended household. Frankly I'm not sure how to deal with that and hopefully one of the other experts here can chime in. I'm assuming you don't have your own attorney. If he has an attorney I would strongly advise you to get one.

    If the court can't help you with more specific instructions, another resource might be a local law school. Many have clinics that will help with such things.
  • Jul 7, 2012, 06:32 AM
    AK lawyer

    Originally Posted by Gina77 View Post
    2) If I don't have a paystub for my job yet how do I calculate payroll deductions? ...

    Try this.

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:31 AM.