Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Family Law (
-   -   Eviction (

  • Aug 23, 2018, 11:22 AM
    I have a grown daughter and two grandchildren living with me (grandchildren both under the age of 6). They have lived with me for 5 years and have maxed out my credit cards and IRA due to supporting them (she does not work at all) I now have to sell my house. She is refusing to move out until I "sink". Also since I told her about 6 months ago that I was going to have to sell my house since I will lose it as I am not able to afford it, she has been mentally and verbally abusive to me to the point that she said if I evict her that she will get a friend to "f--- up my house and car and to let my dog loose to get hit by a car. I have been held prisoner in my own house. I don't want to go home after I get back from a 12 hour day working 2 jobs but when I do I end up in my bedroom with a locked door. What can I do to evict her? This is in Florida.
  • Aug 23, 2018, 11:54 AM

    Getting HelpIn Florida, evictions are handled in county court. Find your local county court at the Florida State Courts website. Forms may be available online. Although most forms may appear self-explanatory, the notice requirements and special procedures involving service members may be more difficult in practice than they first appear. If you are unsure of the termination and/or eviction process at any point, you may wish to hire or consult with a Florida landlord or tenant lawyer. See Questions to Ask Your Florida Evictions Lawyer below.

    How long does the eviction process take in Florida?


  • Aug 23, 2018, 02:58 PM
    Why have you waited 5 years, you have enabled her to take advantage of you, daughter or not!

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:59 PM.