Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Family Law (
-   -   Birth Certificate (

  • Jun 2, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Birth Certificate
    My fiancÚ just left for Iraq this week. We are expecting a baby in November. Since we aren't married how can he be put on the baby's birth certificate?
  • Jun 2, 2007, 11:06 AM
    I don't believe you can however you can still give it his last name... maybe if you have him sign over a power of attonery slip you maybe able to, you also should call the burea of vital statics (Not sure on the spelling) they may be should be able to answer your question
  • Jun 2, 2007, 11:20 AM
    In North Dakota the Father's name can be on the birth certificate, providing there is an acknowledgement of paternity on record. Check your state, the Department of Vital Statistics, as bushg stated. Then you will know for sure.
  • Jun 2, 2007, 11:22 AM
    Ohio hospitial doesn't allow it if the father is not present to sign it.unless things have changed recently:)

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:31 AM.