Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Family Law (
-   -   Ammending my Sons birth certificate (

  • Apr 8, 2008, 12:03 PM
    Ammending my Sons birth certificate
    I live in California and am try ing to amend my sons birth certificate to add the fathers name. A paternity test was done through the court and a paternity acknowledgement form was signed in court however a declaration of paterinty was never signed and now the father refuses to sign it (de doesn't want his name on the birth certificate) I did some research and found that I am able to take him to court to get him to do so however I don't know who to start this process. Am wanting to do it without an attorney if possible due to costs. I have been to the family law facilitators office at the court house and they gave me a packet full of information to get this done however it states I need to prove adjudication of parentage (via court) still no information on how to do so any help would be great
  • Apr 8, 2008, 12:32 PM
    The paternity test and acknowledgement are your adjudication.

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:14 PM.