Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Divorce (
-   -   How do I divorce my Philippina wife from the USA? (

  • Nov 15, 2007, 04:51 PM
    How do I divorce my Philippina wife from the USA?
    I am an American Citizen. I was married in Las Vegas in 1994 to a Philippina. For 10 of our past married years, we lived in Manilla. In 2005 I moved back to the USA alone. I now want to get a divorce from my Philippina Dentist wife. We have 2 children, 13 and 4, who also live in Manilla with their Mother. How can I divorce her while she is in the Philippines and I am in the USA? What court handles this? Where do I start? I am willing to pay child support and do not want any part of her dental practice there in Manilla. Please help me with this answer.
  • Nov 15, 2007, 09:47 PM
    Your best bet: Talk to a lawyer, they will help you start the divorce and also be able to set up child support and alimony payments and stuff like that.
  • Nov 21, 2007, 04:40 PM
    I would also seek out the Philippines consulate/embassy and see if they can give you any advise, but because you got married in the U.S would it not be the same procedure as if she were in the country? You would just have to send her the papers... this makes sense to me, but I'm guessing.
    Embassy of the Philippines, Washington DC
    Embassy of the United States in Manila

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:16 PM.