Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    branded4life's Avatar
    branded4life Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 26, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Registered Sex offender
    I just registered on this site today, although I have been reading posts on it for years, seems as though every time I type a question into Google the first link that pops up is this website and usually a guy named excon is answering.

    Years ago I got screwed by an ex fiancÚ, an over zealous DA, and a lawyer that didn't seem interested in my claims of innocence. I have been on felony probation since 2002 (I got deffered adjudication in Texas for sexual assault) and currently live in another state (im not going to mention the state I'm in because all of a sudden I got worried about anyonimity)

    My question is this:

    Is there any chance that a good lawer could pull some tricks out of his sleeve, and make it so I don't have to register for life and be categorized as some raping child molester. I have degrees in information technology and also am currently in school for electrical engineering. I got denied from a university for being registerd. I get denied housing for being registered. I get denied Jobs, friends, relationships and sanity. I know the public opinion. Some people will say, "you did something horrible you deserve the price you pay". Don't worry I'm used to that. Sad fact is my girlfriend lied about me and I got screwed and am wondering if there's any hope left of should I go blow my brains out soon.

    I would like to mention I've read every post on this site dealing with deffered ajudication, non disclousure, expungment, not much hope when it comes to crimes I got popped with. Some NEW information would be great.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Oct 26, 2007, 11:55 AM
    You won't know until you speak to several attorneys. Most attorneys will offer a free consultation. Explain the circumstances and see what hope they offer you.
    branded4life's Avatar
    branded4life Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 26, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Yeah I've talked to many attourneys, and most of them say its virtually impossible once your in that system to get out. Since I am on deffered adjudication, I was hoping maybe that I could eventually just get the case dismissed all together. In Texas if you receive deffered Adjudication (I would suggest all texans Google deffered adjudication, it is a lie and a trap) you give up your right to an appeal. Unfortunately for me I have been independently researching the laws for several years and its not looking good
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Oct 26, 2007, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by branded4life
    the first link that pops up is this website and usually a guy named excon is answering.........
    Hello branded:

    I'm still answering stuff. Don't know how much good its doing... And YOU especially deserve some good news from me. But I ain't got none.

    If you've been reading, you'll know that I think the registry for sexual offenders is the stupidest thing they could have done. Not only does it make offenders pay WAYYYYY beyond their sentence, it protects society LESS. In many cities due to recent limits on where sex offenders can live, many are homeless. A homeless sex offender is more likely to offend than one who has a job and a place to live and is being monitored. But, what do I know?

    And, it's not going to change anytime soon. I'm afraid it's even going to get worse with the screaming right wingers like Bill O'Reilly.

    Don't blow your brains out. Just work harder. Try some small firms where you can speak to the main man yourself. There should be lots of them in the IT business. I know it's harder to find work... Ok...

    I remain ever the optimist, however. I think the future bodes well for offenders like you. Things certainly CAN'T get worse.


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex offender redristration [ 11 Answers ]

My husband is in jail for not registering,this is his first time not what are the chances of him doing hard time?are they going to send him to the pen he has only done 2 months in the city jail and hasent yet been indighted will they just make him serve his time now

Husband is sex offender wanting to see his kids. [ 51 Answers ]

My husband is corrently in prison as a sex offender. The victim was my dauther his stepdauther. My three dauther's and I have forgave him for what he did. He has repeatly asked my dauther the (victim) to forgive him for what he did. My dauther(victim) cried because she said that she wants her...

Sex Offender guidelines and rules [ 17 Answers ]

18 years ago my father plead guilty to the rape of a fifteen year old girl. This sex was consensual, however, a big mistake on my fathers part. The judge ordered him to six months in jail. A light sentence due to the fact, it was not rape. Just last year he was told he had to register as a sex...

Sex-offender wants to move on [ 5 Answers ]

Right now I just got out of prison for the dumbest sex charge.I'm 22 years old and I'm trying to move on with my life by complying with the probation.I understand that a sex charge is the most hated right now but I need a job and no one will even give me a chance to show them that I was and still...

Juvenile sex offender [ 1 Answers ]

Live in Alabama / My stepson sexually abused my daughter he is now 19. (he was 16 last time it happened and she was 7) anyway, went to court he was on house arrest and had to attend counseling. My question is, due to other unfortunate events my husband gave up his rights and my stepson was adopted...

View more questions Search