Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Children (
-   -   Putative Father's rights law (

  • Apr 30, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Putative Father's rights law
    Does Georgia have the Putative Father's Rights registry? I am a mother of a child wanting to find out if there is anything I can do to protect myself and child from the biological father. So far he hasn't showed much interest in the child but for future help I was wondering what I could do.
  • Apr 30, 2008, 04:21 PM
    No, in Georiga the bio father may come back at anytime to request a DNA test and be declared the father..

    *** for those that do not know a putative father is one that had a child with a women and they were not married, he is not on the birth certificate and has not yet requested any rights or asked for a DNA test yet.

    Of course the mother also have the right to demand the DNA test, require child support and show the court reasons to limit or deny visits, or require visits to be supervised.

    And what are you going to protect yourself FROM>>> if there is enough grounds you could go to have his rights taken away, but to do that you have to prove he has rights first

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:09 AM.