Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Children (
-   -   Birth certificate (

  • Jun 1, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Birth certificate
    What do I have to do to get my daughters father to place his name on her birth certificate. We are not married but we did have a DNA test done prior to her birth. If he is unwilling to do it ion his own can the courts ask him to do this? I think she has the right to have his name on there.
  • Jun 1, 2007, 11:14 AM
    He can go to the court house and request it to be done or you can take him to court and make him do it. Just take the DNA results with you and you may not even have to take him to court, they can just order it done? I am not too sure, every state is different, but when we had DNA test done after the birth, it was automatically put on birthcertificate.

    Good Luck and God Loves You!

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:42 AM.