Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Cars & Trucks (
-   -   Towing question (

  • Mar 5, 2006, 10:46 PM
    Towing question
    I need a 62 foot single wide mobile home transported to my mountain property temporarily. I have never done this before, we are using the trailor as temp residence while we build our cabin home. I have no idea who to call to tow this mobile home from the seller to my property. I have no clue as to the costs of such a move. Do these things have tires?

    I need to know exactly who might I call, what kind of company? How much this thing costs and if it is towed by rolling it or a flatbed truck. I assume a semi tractor is used but I could be wrong. Are these things expensive to move? Do they charge more for towing from a valley to a mountain top?


  • Mar 6, 2006, 06:46 AM
    Yes, hauling a trailor to a mountain top can take a lot of time. Depending on the "S" curves they have to navigate around, and the time it will take to position the trailor on the mountain property.
    Costs will vary across the US, so it depends on where you live.
    The best place to start checking out people who will do this, is a Mobile Home Sales company.
    There should be some listed in your local phone book. Call them, ask for information. Whenever, they sell a mobile home, they either move it themselves, or have a contractor move it for them.
    I do wish you the best, and congratulations on having a cabin built!
  • Mar 6, 2006, 06:49 AM
    Fred is on this one, call several of the mobile home dealers in the area and find out which trasport companies they use. Most likely they will have to get permits, perhaps have roads blocked on narrow moutain roads, have escort vechiles and the such.

    Also they will need to inspect the axles and tires of the mobile home you wish to move.
  • Mar 28, 2006, 11:14 PM
    Thank you both!!!!!


  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:52 AM.