Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Business Plans (
-   -   Form new LLC or take over S-corp (

  • Apr 17, 2011, 01:25 PM
    Form new LLC or take over S-corp
    I am buying the restaurant business. The restaurant has been 10 years and owner is retiring.

    They have S-corp.

    Can I just change the ownership name and take over S-corp?
    Since they have been business for 10 years and establish the credit.

    Or should I form the new entity to start the business?
    In that case, I will form LLC.

    The reason I am interested in take over their compay that I can say the company has been business for 10 years.

  • Apr 28, 2011, 11:39 PM
    Hello Kilala,

    When you form a corporation, it has a documented number of years before that business expires, usually 50 years or over. When that expires, you can shift to LLC. But as of the moment, I think you can't do anything about it.


    visit: <a href=""><b>Incorporate a business</b></a>

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:38 PM.