Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catsmine's Avatar
    Catsmine Posts: 3,827, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert
     
    #21

    Aug 16, 2009, 11:25 AM
    Ducky, it's time to fly for real

    YouTube - Swing Low, Sweet Chariot - With Lyrics
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert
     
    #22

    Aug 16, 2009, 11:29 AM

    Thank you all for posting. She'd be tickled pink.

    For those of you that didn't know her well, she used to be a florist. She loved her flowers, absolutely loved them, and knew so much about them.

    I don't even know the difference between a tea rose and a regular rose. Is there a regular rose? She'd be laughing at that.

    So in honor of her love for flowers.

    Name:  field of flowers2.jpg
Views: 107993
Size:  133.4 KB


    I'm sure this is her heaven.
    shazamataz's Avatar
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member
     
    #23

    Aug 16, 2009, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post


    I'm sure this is her heaven.
    Plus a few sexy men for her :)
    Stringer's Avatar
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert
     
    #24

    Aug 16, 2009, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Thank you all for posting. She'd be tickled pink.

    For those of you that didn't know her well, she used to be a florist. She loved her flowers, absolutely loved them, and knew so much about them.

    I don't even know the difference between a tea rose and a regular rose. Is there a regular rose? She'd be laughing at that.

    So in honor of her love for flowers.

    Name:  field of flowers2.jpg
Views: 107993
Size:  133.4 KB


    I'm sure this is her heaven.
    Thanks, wouldn't it be nice if heaven is an individual thing for each of us. Each would be forever in a heaven that was built for us personally and we could spend eternity there with all our loved ones. If that would be true then Jo would be tending her flowers and listening to everything we say here... as I think that this would also be part of her heaven. :)

    Stringer
    jenniepepsi's Avatar
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member
     
    #25

    Aug 16, 2009, 11:35 AM

    The calia lilly is my favorite flower... I made my wedding bouquet modeled after this one...

    It seems sadly apropriete at the moment...


    Stringer's Avatar
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert
     
    #26

    Aug 16, 2009, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Plus a few sexy men for her :)
    Hmmmm... well, I'm not quite ready yet... :):):D
    jenniepepsi's Avatar
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member
     
    #27

    Aug 16, 2009, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Plus a few sexy men for her :)
    :) yes she needs a few to keep her laughing and in good spirits ;)
    N0help4u's Avatar
    N0help4u Posts: 19,825, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member
     
    #28

    Aug 16, 2009, 11:36 AM

    I hope it is her heaven because we can't ever give her enough flowers here to express the sorrow.
    Attached Images
     
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert
     
    #29

    Aug 16, 2009, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Thanks, wouldn't it be nice if heaven is an individual thing for each of us. Each would be forever in a heaven that was built for us personally and we could spend eternity there with all our loved ones. If that would be true then Jo would be tending her flowers and listening to everything we say here....as I think that this would also be part of her heaven. :)

    Stringer
    There's a book I read a while back;

    The Lovely Bones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    If you ever get a chance to read it, it's worth a read.

    It's sad, but so powerful.

    The author believes that we each have a personal heaven. We only have to wish for something to have it.

    I believe Jo is in her field of flowers, tending to them and all the dogs whose masters have yet to join them. The longer she's there the more elaborate her heaven will be. The flowers there will rival anything we have on earth.

    Name:  lily.jpg
Views: 1859
Size:  52.4 KB
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert
     
    #30

    Aug 16, 2009, 11:52 AM
    Name:  flowers.jpg
Views: 1235
Size:  3.5 KB

    Name:  flower.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  4.0 KB

    Name:  more flowers.jpg
Views: 1235
Size:  3.4 KB
    Stringer's Avatar
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert
     
    #31

    Aug 16, 2009, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    There's a book I read a while back;

    The Lovely Bones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    If you ever get a chance to read it, it's worth a read.

    It's sad, but so powerful.

    The author believes that we each have a personal heaven. We only have to wish for something to have it.

    I believe Jo is in her field of flowers, tending to them and all the dogs whose masters have yet to join them. The longer she's there the more elaborate her heaven will be. The flowers there will rival anything we have on earth.

    Name:  lily.jpg
Views: 1859
Size:  52.4 KB
    I read the review and it is very interesting Alty, thanks... I will check it out soon.
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert
     
    #32

    Aug 16, 2009, 12:01 PM

    I never claimed to be a poet.

    For Starby.

    I have no words, only tears, but those are just for me.
    I have to smile, for you're at peace, and that's how it should be.
    You fought so hard, against all odds, our ducky, friend, our love.
    Now you're at rest, your soul has flown to paradise above.

    From Alty.
    jenniepepsi's Avatar
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member
     
    #33

    Aug 16, 2009, 12:02 PM

    That was georgious alty... poet or not... beautifull... the worlds greatest poets are not aclaimed nor published, but write striaght from the heart...
    JudyKayTee's Avatar
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,505, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member
     
    #34

    Aug 16, 2009, 12:02 PM

    Lovely Bones gave me great peace when my husband died - it's a good read, no matter what your beliefs are.

    Alty, wish I could be there with you. I really do.
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert
     
    #35

    Aug 16, 2009, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Lovely Bones gave me great peace when my husband died - it's a good read, no matter what your beliefs are.

    Alty, wish I could be there with you. I really do.
    It is a wonderful book.

    Judy, you are here with me. :)
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert
     
    #36

    Aug 16, 2009, 12:56 PM

    I have to go for now.

    I'm trying to figure out a way to get a card, have everyone sign it, or write something in it, and then send it to her family.

    Any ideas?

    The only thing I can think of is for everyone to write something here and I'll write it on the card.

    So, if you want to write something for her family, post it here and I'll make sure they get it.

    No space restriction, I'll print out pages and pages if I have to. :)

    Love to all.
    jenniepepsi's Avatar
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member
     
    #37

    Aug 16, 2009, 12:59 PM

    I have an idea hon.

    If we all use the paint program on our computers.

    Sign on there and a note

    Then you can paste it all together and print it out :)
    jmjoseph's Avatar
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member
     
    #38

    Aug 16, 2009, 12:59 PM
    I wasn't lucky enough to have known her, but being on the outside looking in, I see that she touched so many hearts and lives with love. I can only dream of having that quality. May GOD bless her soul, and may GOD bless you all. This particular angel finally got her wings.

    I know she suffered so much. GOD has seen that she is at peace. Don't feel sorry for her, envy her. She is happy now, looking down at you all with love.

    I'm sure she knew how much you all cared for, and loved her. I can see it from Georgia.
    jenniepepsi's Avatar
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member
     
    #39

    Aug 16, 2009, 01:00 PM
    Also, let her family know that while I never knew her personally I loved her and I am praying for them.
    Stringer's Avatar
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert
     
    #40

    Aug 16, 2009, 01:15 PM

    Alty...

    Her picture is tearing me up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search


Check out some similar questions!

Our poor Starby [ 1170 Answers ]

Some of you already know that our Starby (Starbuck8) is in the hospital awaiting surgery. She's a klutz, love her tons, but it's the truth. ;) She tripped on a shovel, broke her leg in two places, broke her wrist and her eye is swollen shut. She'll need surgery to fix her leg, it's the...

Starby & Alty's Castle of Doom. [ 1500 Answers ]

Come in my sweet, and join us! Your hosts will be Starby and Alty. We have everything your little heart desires in our Castle! Come into our web, said the spider to the fly. Mwaaahahahaha! YouTube - Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast


View more questions Search