Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Bankruptcy & Debt (
-   -   Tenn bank lien for child support? (

  • Mar 25, 2011, 09:30 AM
    Tenn bank lien for child support?
    THE child support case in question was dropped the child that is now 26 years old. The bank account has been
    Frozen and the state of tenn is now playing games. They referred him to nashville, but they state that he only needs to have his hearing through them. That the city of Memphis can released the funds. Now the caseworker won't
    Return any phone calls and the supervisor either. He discovered that this case had been reactivated after all
    This time.
  • Mar 25, 2011, 12:17 PM

    Sounds like you need to get a lawyer and take the appropriate state agency and or bank to court to get your money and to unfreeze your bank account.
  • Mar 28, 2011, 06:31 AM
    We really do need some additional information to give you our best answer. Were there arrears on the original case? If there were, (especially if there was money owed to the state), they do have a right to continue to pursue the collection of past support. The arrears will still be there even after the case is closed, and some states really do enforce inconsistently. (Eg: they pop up after a long period looking for payment) I would suggest getting a through description of what the child support dept. says is owed and when it is from. If there were no arrears or money owed to the state, you really do need a lawyer.

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:50 AM.