View Full Version : Is Hot Sauce Bad For Dogs?

Apr 2, 2007, 08:24 PM
My 13 week old Dane gets in to and onto every thing. He had a taste of some hot sauce. Don't know if if will hut him,aside from the burn. Are there any dangers?

Apr 2, 2007, 08:42 PM
Not as far as I know. Likely the worst things around the kitchen are grapes, raisins, and sugarless gum or anything else using Xyitol as a sweetener. Chocolate is bad, but it takes a large, single dose to hurt most dogs.

Apr 3, 2007, 12:29 PM
I agree with labman. A little hot sauce won't hurt him. May give him a slight case of the runs. In addition to the items labman mentions, add onions to that list. All of these items are toxic to a dog's system.

It appears, for the safety of your big silly puppy, that you may want to move everything far back on the counter and completely out of his reach, until you have a chance to train him to stay off the counters.

Good luck! Love those Danes. ;)

Apr 3, 2007, 12:34 PM
Grapes are bad for dogs? I didn't know this, I have a friend that feeds her dog grapes as a treat, can you send my more info on this so I can share it with her

Apr 3, 2007, 12:42 PM
Jessyfay, grapes and raisins are VERY toxic to a dog's system. It is caused from the mold that develops on the grape. It can cause kidney failure.

Here is a link that lists all toxins that can affect dogs. Print it out and give to your friend.

Veterinary Information - Toxins that Affect Dogs (http://www.vetinfo4dogs.com/dtoxin.html)