View Full Version : Can't find float switch for ac unit

Dec 24, 2006, 10:32 PM
I need a float switch for emergency turn off if the water(the water is ccndensation) backs up in the ac. I don't need a pump. I have a line running from the ac going into the sewage line for drainage but house inspector told me to get an emgergency turn off switch- he called it a float switch. I looked at Lowe's building supply and they onlly have pumps and looked at marvins building supply and they have floats for pumps only. Is there a place I can get one for a drain pan assembly.

Dec 25, 2006, 09:36 AM
May have to hit a professional HVAC supply or maybe an electrical supply. What you are going to find at Lowe's will be large ones meant for a sump pump. Might even be able to make one out of a micro switch with a long arm from Radio Shack and a chunk of foam. Just make sure the switch if mounted high enough it won't short out if it fails.