PDA

View Full Version : Carrier air handler blowing 5a fuse. Changed contactor now won't turn off.

dendar
Jun 16, 2010, 07:51 PM
Carrier indoor air handler keeps immediately blowing 5 amp fuse. Changed contactor on the outside unit and turned on the breaker and air handler fan came on. Went to thermostat selected a/c and compressor came on turned it to off and compessor stopped but air handler fan won't. Made sure fan was in auto. But nothing I try will turn off the fan. After probably about 15 minutes of running it blew the fuse again. Tried a new fuse and it blew it immediately like before I changed the contactor. Seems like I may have fried the new contactor. Seems like there is another problem that is making the air handler fan run constantly until it cooks the contactor.

wmproop
Jun 16, 2010, 07:57 PM
Start be checking for a short in low voltage wiring, check both the wires from tstat to the airhandler ,also the tstat wire that run from the airhandler to the outside condenser unit