Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Addictions (
-   -   Can you die of shrooms? (

  • Jan 10, 2008, 07:43 AM
    Can you die of shrooms?
    Me and my friend have some shroom wich we are going to take but some one said you can die of then so we dicied to find out aboute them then take them
  • Jan 10, 2008, 07:47 AM
    If you are talking about mushrooms, some are poisonous. Where did you get them from?
  • Jan 10, 2008, 07:50 AM
    A website on the internet Buy Magic Mushrooms: buy psilocybe magic shrooms
  • Jan 10, 2008, 07:51 AM
    You actually paid them money?? Throw them out
  • Jan 10, 2008, 07:53 AM
    I think that taking any drug is risky, ecspecially for the first time because you don't know how you'r body will react with that. Some can handle hard core drugs and some people can't. So yes, there is a possibility that a person can die doing shrooms for the first time, just like coke. And if someone on here is going to support this question by saying "oh yea Ive tried it, it's fine" then shame on you for supporting this habit. Shame on you for saying to some random person that shrooms are fine when you probably don't know this person from squat.

    Why turn to drugs though? Is there something in your life that bad that you have to risk it? Life has too much beauty to let it all go.
  • Jan 10, 2008, 07:59 AM
    I was only going to do it because I'm bord of all the other stuff my lifes not that bad
  • Jan 10, 2008, 08:02 AM
    What are you bored of? I can think of so many things you could be doing right now instead of then but hey, this is you'r life, not mine. Do you got o school? How old are you?
  • Jan 10, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Ye I'm 14
  • Jan 10, 2008, 08:05 AM
    You can die from the things you may decide to do while under the influence of mushrooms. I used to "babysit" a girlfriend and her friends when they were on shrooms. That relationship didn't last too long.
  • Jan 10, 2008, 08:11 AM
    Add EMAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY it tells you the basics of all types of drugs. Risks , etc.
    Some info for you:

    Risks of Magic Mushrooms

    - Both types of mushrooms can make you feel sick, tired and disoriented but fly agaric (Magic Mushrooms) is much more potent and risky to take.
    - 'Bad trips' are seriously frightening and unsettling. And you can't tell whether you're going to have a bad trip or a good trip. Also you can get flashbacks some time afterwards.
    - You may be at risk when you're not in complete control of what you're doing. Your perception of your body and the world around you can be distorted.
    - Eating the wrong kind of mushroom can make you seriously ill, and even kill you.
    - Magic mushrooms can complicate any mental health issues you may have

    All in all, I'd say not a good choice at all to risk taking them. I'd throw them away if I was you.
  • Jan 10, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Well continuing from your thread here:

    I have been feeling relly down and the only thing that stops this is drugs recintely I was took in to hospitl because of speed (wizz) so I stopped using it for a week or two and just smoked weed but I no I should stop them both but whould you rather feel dow or brake and the law risk going in to hospitel for a little bit of happyness?
    You had better steer well clear of ANY drugs at all.
    You are likely to cause untold damage to your physical and mental well being if you continue on this course.

    Find something to do that doesn't include abusing your body!!
  • Jan 12, 2008, 05:06 AM
    Throw them out. You're 14. Go bowling, skating, or spend more time with your non druggie friends and family. I was a druggie for 20 years before I woke up and began living again.

    Don't waste your life and money on an altered state. It's a waste of a beautiful mind.

    If you don't want to accept my advice, here are a couple of areas that may help.

    the Lycaeum - Entheogenic Database & Community


    They tell the facts without the religious and governmental propaganda attached, but they present ALL the facts-good and bad. Chances are, after reading what they have to say, you'll wind up throwing them away anyhow. Hallucinogenics are a mean way to start a drug habit...
  • Jan 12, 2008, 07:29 PM
    Please don't take them. Also don't just "do" drugs since you are "bored" either. That is the worst thing you could do for yourself. Just sampling any drug can have some pretty awful consequences for you.

    Please don't think we are "harping" at you - we are trying to give you some very good advice to a young 14 year old. Honey, you are essentially still a baby and you are learning about this world every day.

    This is a wonderful world to be in when you are sober and not high. Just ask any of us here.
  • Jan 12, 2008, 07:42 PM
    I totally smell troll, and will be watching future posts
  • Jan 12, 2008, 07:44 PM
    Just adding that I "knew" someone who took the "shrooms"... notice I said knew.

    He died.

    All that stuff isn't worth it. Being dead is a lot more boring. You won't find it very exciting.
  • Jan 12, 2008, 08:01 PM
    Don't risk your health, and mind on those things, it's really not worth it, A really long time ago a good friend of my did some she got from someone and basically had a letal reaction to it, had to have her stomach pumped and almost died and her mind basically never came back. Hope you'll reconsider.

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:31 PM.