Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DPStacy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 06:42 AM
    Hemotobin after surgery
    I had lipo to my upper and lower stomach on March 28, 2008. I have acquired an extremely hard lower stomach that is not painful but very uncomfortable. In returning to the Dr. yesterday I am told that I have what is called Hemotobin(not sure if this is correct) to numerous areas that the Lipo was done. He explained this as a large amount of blood pooling into the lower part of the stomach. What may have caused this? I took Vitamin K 500mg for 10 days prior to this surgery so as not to have this problem. There is no history of this in the family that I know of. And what can I do to help this problem go away?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2008, 10:00 AM
    I think what you mean is a hematoma... a hematoma is basically a bruise. This occurs if the surgeon used a large cannula during the lipo or just being overall a bit aggressive during the lipo. Did your doctor suggest anything for this complication?

Apr 15, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Thank you for making this clear to me. I do apperciate your time in doing so. I have no bruising on the outside, so is all of the bruising on the inside? And No he didn't suggest anything for it. He just said that it should go away on it's own and to come back and visit with him on May 8. Is there anything that I can do for this as it is quite uncomfortable?
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Technically, yes. You won't see bruising on the outside until the blood has seeped through your skin (not technically... but I hope that made sense). Your doctor's right that it should go away on its own in a few weeks. For your discomfort, I suggest taking an ibuprofen, as well as applying a hot pack on it about twice a day, as this should get the circulation going and will promote healing. Also, try to eat a diet rich in protein.

Apr 15, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Thank You soooo much for all of your information. Are you a Doctor or Nurse? I will take all of your information to hand... Have a GREAT day
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Nope. Just a lowly pre-med student.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tubular breasts, surgery or no surgery? [ 28 Answers ]

Growing up I always hoped my weird looking breasts just hadn't fully developed but I'm now 21 and they're still the same. I didn't realise there was a medical name for my problem but recently I've been looking into surgery and was told I had tubular breasts. It's not so much the breast that I'm...

Cosmetic Surgery thesis statement on Risks and benefits of Cosmetic Surgery [ 4 Answers ]

I need a thesis statement on Cosmetic Surgery, I will be during my essay on Risks and benefits. What are your thoughts?

NO to Surgery! [ 2 Answers ]

I am a black female with horrible stretch marks on my hips. I am very young so I love the low rise jeans, but I can not wear them because of my problem areas. I went to a dermatologist and he suggested plastic surgery, I have seen creams that reduce the appearance of strech marks, but I would like...

Subderal hemotobin [ 2 Answers ]

I had a subderal hemotobin caused by bumping my head on our van while I was getting in (it hemoraged for 4 months before the operation). I am always tired, can't regulate my core body temperature, feel confused, depressed, headaches, weight gain, and weakness. My Dr. says nothing amiss in the CAT...

View more questions Search