Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pussinbootss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2005, 03:42 PM
    I'm still in love with my ex
    My ex-boyfriend and I broke up 2 years ago in March, although we did not fight before we broke up, it became very messy for a while after we broke up. Eventually I told him I never wanted to speak to him again, however I now regret saying this and have never stopped loving him. He has taken my words literally and refuses to make any contact with me, no matter what I say. I have told him I still love him but I'm scared he just doesn't love me anymore. I don't know what to do next, but I know I must try and save what little there is left before I regret not trying again. Please help!:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 24, 2005, 03:57 PM
    Don't try
    Two years, he has moved on, and you need to stop living in the past and start living a new life.

This has been two years, you may have been in love, but at the time not enough to work things out. You are still in love with the memories of the relationship.

Try to start dating, meeting new people. If he wanted to talk with you he would have by now.

Do not let an old finished relationsip ruin the rest of your life. I had a good friend who for 20 years lived in the past over a 3 year relationship. They fininally ended their life blaming this other person for all the problems they ever had for 20 years. The one person moved on, found someone new and lived his life, the other lived a memory till it would not hold them.

If you can not get on ( try moving to a new location, new friends and the such) and if really needed get some professional help to move on with your life
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Dec 24, 2005, 04:33 PM
    I agree, you can't hold on to this guy anymore. Its been 2 years now, and something broke you guys apart and kept you apart for all this time. It is really hard to let those demons go a lot of times, but for your own good, you need to. Go out on some dates, and do whatever you can to keep your mind off this guy. Good luck!
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 24, 2005, 07:23 PM
    Dear let me tell you a little story. I loved this man for a good long time and even after I have not seen him forever or maybe as chuck says I stayed in love with the memory of him. I did not allow myself to move on. Well I did develop feelings for someone eventually and lo and behold he also had the same problem. I was there for him and I treated him the best I could but because he would not let go of this girl and move on I never got a chance but he lost out after it was too late. I decided that I'm not going to let some guy from the past ruin my chances of having a good man in my life in the future. Get over him and take the poor sap that's trying to get your attention out on a date.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2005, 06:26 AM
    Move on
    Hi, pussinbootss,
    It's been 2 years.
    Time to try putting aside your feelings for this man, meet new men, and move on with your life.
    I agree with all the other answers. You can do it.
    At one time in my life, it took a year to "get over" my one "true love", when I received a "dear John" letter from her saying she found "love". I though that was what we had!
    It will take you some time. Talking with others, meeting new people, is the best way to overcome it. I do wish you the best, and good luck.
    Tony2005 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Dec 26, 2005, 01:04 AM
    It would have been wise to talk to him once again about how you feel about him IF it would have been only 2 weeks ago. 2 years is a very long time.
    shoopdj Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2006, 02:55 PM
    Two years is nothing. My sweetheart and I broke up in 1966 and stubbornly went our separate ways. Pride had a powerful influence over me at the time -I was going to show her! We both moved on, eventually married and had familys. Strangely enough, I still think about her occasionally and wish I could see her again. Of course this is not practical and as Fr Chuck suggests, I'm probably still in love with a memory. The point is: I don't think you ever really let go 100% and the memory will always tug at your heart - but life goes on and so must we.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2006, 04:08 PM
    You're always in love with a DREAM - NOT REALITY!!

We always tend to forget the bad. There is a reason it is broke - ALWAYS!!
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2006, 04:22 PM
    HI,
    This was originally posted on Dec. 24, 2005... a little old now.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2006, 04:36 PM
    Who cares. Someone had something to say.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2006, 05:55 AM
    HI, Wildcat,
    OK, I agree with you; someone had something to say. Sorry I missed the date on that one!
    To Shoop; my girlfriend way back in 1961, left me for someone else, after we both went our separate ways to college. I thought we would eventually be married. Took me a year to get over her. Even now, after 29 yrs of marriage to a wonderful woman, I still remember her, and the good times we had.
    I don't think anyone ever completely forgets someone they loved, at one time or another.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm in love with him [ 4 Answers ]

Ive been seeing this guy and now we are not working out because I hardly see him should we just end this realationship or should I try working it out with him because I really love him?? I've been seeing this guy for a couple of months now. Recently I found out from him he met a girl in a bar...

This guy love you [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings this older song called "This guy loves you?

Looking for love? [ 1 Answers ]

It has been a while since my last serious relationship. I miss my ex so much that I have begun to think about him a lot more these days. Its weird that I am constantly seeing people that remind me of him. Whenever I went out I would somehow bump into him or someone that knew him. For a while I...

What is love? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm confused I don't what I feel for him, so I have some question.. What is love? How you tell if you really love that person and is not just a crush? What's a crush? How can you tell if he's the right one?

View more questions Search