Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SEASK Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Foreign-based contractors - how to report
    LLC uses contractors work. For US based contractors everything is clear; just need to file 1099 and report it accordingly in tax return.

How to report/deduct expenses on contractor's work, if the company-contractor is a foreign-based and pays taxes locally in their country.
    Main question is how to report those exoenses on US-based LLC's tax return?

Apr 7, 2008, 11:33 AM
    ... forgot to mention. The service for US client was conducted outside of US by foreign company-contractor.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Apr 8, 2008, 02:26 AM
    You have a U.S. based company. You are using the services of a foreign company or contractor.
    If this is correct, then deduct full amount you pay to the contractor. Why should you worry about how much taxes the foreign contractor is paying in the foreign country?

Apr 8, 2008, 11:03 AM
    Right. I do not worry about how they pay taxes and I'm planning to deduct it from my taxes. The question is where (e.g. which category) in 1040/Schedule C should I put this deduction.
    IntlTax Posts: 831, Reputation: 23
    Tax Expert

Apr 8, 2008, 07:37 PM
    You would put it in whatever category it belongs -- such as "contractor expense."
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Apr 9, 2008, 03:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SEASK
    Right. I do not worry about how they pay taxes and I'm planning to deduct it from my taxes. The question is where (e.g. which category) in 1040/Schedule C should I put this deduction.
    There is no line on form 1040 where you can put the expenses directly. You must use some other attachment. In this case you will first do schedule C (Form 1040) and then enter net income in the Form 1040.

How you will treat the business income and expenses, read 1099-Misc income: Your U.S. Tax Return: W2 or 1099: Employee or Independent Contractor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interest in foreign savings - how to report on 1040 Schedule B? [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have to enter the calculated dollar amount on the line "taxable interest" in the 1040 Schedule B? Would it be right just to put the name of the bank there and calculated dollar amount or is is a wrong form for this pupose? I couldn't find any other place I could possibly fill it in... ...

Painting Cabinets - Oil based or Water based? [ 1 Answers ]

Going to be painting my oak kitchen cabinets white. I heard that oil based paint would be best, but don't want to deal with the extra mess. Is there anything wrong with using a good acrylic enamel?

How to report foreing based income in dual status? [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into the US in March and have a work Visa starting the day I arrived. I know I can file dual status, and know how to file my US-Income, but how do I report my foreign income that I received when I was living abroad (non-resident alien)? Reading through other posts, the foreign...

Taxation of foreign contractors [ 1 Answers ]

How do I tax foreign contractors working from outside the US for a US Corporation? How do I show it in the books?

For All you Contractors Out There [ 9 Answers ]

I got 2 estimates to do work on home.. I live in upstate NY approx.1/2hr west from Albany.. here is what they sent me ESTIMATE #1 Remove old asphalt siding Install R-Max 1/2" insulation(unable to blow in insulation) Install D-4 Dutchlap vinyl siding(GENTEK) Soffits and fascia included...

View more questions Search