Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    farooque52 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2006, 01:56 PM
    Homeopathy
    Please let me know if homeopathic medicines are affective in heart problems. I will be grateful if you could suggest a good medicine so that heart attack could be avoided.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2006, 06:39 PM
    Asprin,

Honestly it is a naturally made substance and would fall under the rules of bing homepathic.

Also remember homepathic is not to treat or cure something, but to get your body into better condition and to get you into a better shape,
    This includes diet, exercise and various natural substnaces that are used to help in certain areas.

So you will look for something, to help blood flow, clean up various things in the body. But with all things, always review things with your local doctor

Below are some web sites that sell various mixtures that will meet your needs

http://www.healthy.net/scr/therapy.asp?Thid=16

http://www.innovativemedicine.com/pr...OVMTC=advanced

https://www.cardiorenew.com/Conditio...OVMTC=advanced
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2006, 10:11 AM
    My always and forever answer for alternative med is to talk to an acupuncturist.

They cannot help with all conditions. The "chi" mumbo jumbo is to over the top for me... I am a scientist and its hard to listen to. But... they worked wonders on a problem my wife had (not heart). Just absolutely unbelievable. Everything the acupuncturist said he could help with and do, he did.

My wife started with treatments 2x a week for a couple weeks. Cut her pain in half. Then scaled back to once every 2 weeks, then 1x month, then as needed. She goes perhaps once every 3 months now. Pain free, drug free, no surgeries. It took about two years for her to get to this place, but its pretty impressive. All western med had for her was life changing surgery and/ or addictive drugs. Acupuncure saved her health and helped give us a child to boot.

Her treatments are about $50. She had a DO write a letter stating the acupuncture was to treat a medical condition. This allows us to use a medical flexible spending account to cover the cost. Herbs are not covered.

The issue I have with a lot of the over the counter homeopathic stuff is it is not regulated well and there is just a lot of garbage on the market. At least an acupuncturist has dedicated no less than 4 years to training and they know and trust the herbal suppliers they use.

If you are uncomfortable with a person licensed as a doctor of eastern medicine (I think that's what their certification is), you may be able to find MD's or DO's who also do acupuncture. And remember, its not all needles. There's acupressure. Herbal stuff.

Open the phone book and make some calls. You may wish to look for an MD or DO, since it is a heart condition. I'll bet money acupuncture can help with blood pressure issues, but if you are on meds you'll need to be careful. Your primary doctor may not like this at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search