Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmpraise Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Discharge Bankruptcy Papers
    How Long Does It Take After The Last Bankruptcy Payment Have Been Made? I Had 36 Months To Pay The Debt And The Last Payment Was Made On Nov 8, 2006 I Filed For Chapter 13 In July 2003
    dmpraise Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dmpraise
    How Long Does It Take After The Last Bankruptcy Payment Have Been Made? I Had 36 Months To Pay The Debt And The Last Payment Was Made On Nov 8, 2006 I Filed For Chapter 13 In July 2003
    DianeV Sr Loan Officer Posts: 76, Reputation: 9

Aug 4, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dmpraise

You should have had a discharge by now. Contact the atty who did the bankruptcy for you and the court. The discharge should have been recorded.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 4, 2007, 05:13 PM
    Assuming the last payment did cover all of the payments as noted you should have received the final discharge long ago. You can contract the court trustee you have been working with, or your attorney.

Also many bankruptcy courts have online searches and you may be able to find your case online
    carla64063 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 05:21 PM
    How do I get a free copy of my bankruptcy discharge papers.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Your 'free' copy of your discharge will come to the address you provided when the case was started. If you didn't get it, or it is misplaced, contact your attorney's secretary for a copy.
    GREEN26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 06:37 AM
    I Pulled Up My Chapter13 Case And My Payments Are In Reserve That's Been 2months Ago I;ve Been In 13 Over 4 Years It Was For 58 Months All That Was Left On It Was Unsecured How Long Does It Take To Get Discharge Papers
    GREEN26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 06:42 AM
    My Chapter 13 Is In Reserve For 2 Months I've Been In For 52 Months Its For 58 All That Was Left Was Unsecured How Long Does It Take To Get Your Discharge Papers
    marlena12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2011, 10:09 PM
    Hi I filed chapter seven bankrupcty,finished march f 2011,what happen after fininshing the Michigan department of treasury sdent my owed state taxes to a creditor I went bankcrupty on what am I to do about my refund? Discharge was sent please help me!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2011, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marlena12 View Post
    hi i filed chapter seven bankrupcty,finished march f 2011,what happen after fininshing the michigan department of treasury sdent my owed state taxes to a creditor i went bankcrupty on what am i to do about my refund? discharge was sent please help me!
    You need to contact the attorney who did your bankruptcy and tell him. Your refund should not have been taken if the state was informed of the bankruptcy. Your attorney would know if the state was informed or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find free public record of my bankruptcy/discharge [ 10 Answers ]

Can anyone please help me find my free bankruptcy records online? Thank you for your help.

Separation papers [ 1 Answers ]

I don't really know how to do this but I want to get separation papers and I don't have a lot of money is there any outline I have to use or anywhere cheap I can get them...

Adoption papers [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Arkansas. The adopting couple (of my beautiful little girl) live in Ohio. Can I sign the adoption papers here in Arkansas, or do I have to go up there?

Served Papers [ 1 Answers ]

I got served papers a 30 days ago by my sons father. We currently do not have anything on paper about who has custody and have not since he was born. Our son spends 3 days a week with him and 4 days with me. I live an hour away from his father and the papers that I got served with are asking for...

Trouble after Bankruptcy discharge [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, Any information or help would be much appreciated in this situation. My husband filed for Chapter 13 five years ago and was recently discharged in the last 2 months. We received a letter stating that unsecured debt would now be reactivated. My husband has a school loan that we knew...

View more questions Search