Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsc78 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Ducane furnace not always ignigting
    I have a ducane furnace model cmpe100u4b that is not always igniting. Led will read normal then trip to a code call for heat (fast heartbeat) while the furnace clicks into and throughout its heat cycle.
    Any ideas

(I already had to change the fan limit switch and inducer motor).
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 31, 2008, 10:58 AM
    You might clean the flame sensor if equipped.
    Look on the back side of the blower door to see what the blink code says.
    tsc78 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 11:23 AM
    The code says it is calling for heat. The inducer motor was running for a long time before the furnace actually ignited. (alot longer than it should.) Someone else said it might be the pressure switch not working correctly. That part is ordered and under warrantee. Any other ideas would be great. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ducane has to keep being reset. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a Ducane forced air furnace. It was mfg. in 2001 and is set to propane. It has been fine for a while and we have a/c hooked up to it as well. We started noticing that it was not running... go back and look and it needs the little tiny reset button pressed and it fires up no...

Ducane Gas Furnace intermittent fire goes out, fan still on [ 8 Answers ]

Manufacturer: Ducane model # FPBB100A5, manufacter # 9874569843 Age: year is 1995 printed on it 80% efficiency: There is metal flue pipe and a fan I think is draft inducer blower so System: Gas Fired Forced Air Furnace Fuel: Natural Gas Sometimes before it reaches the desired temp the furnace...

Trion G200 humidifier wiring to Ducane Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

AC didn't work in the summer and I ended up moving wires around to get it working. Now if I turn on the humidifier it seems to over ride the programmable thermostat and keep heating the house beyond the set point. There are two wires entering the furnace (red and white) from the humidifier as...

Ducane fan runs constantly [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Is it possible to the fan to my ducane unit (VL30-284T+D-10+DS) to continue running even after I have uninstalled the thermostat? (Removed it from the wall) I've read some postings here and think it might be the relay button. Is there something I can try or do I need to call a professional?...

Replacing fuses, ducane heater [ 1 Answers ]

Ducane heaters, fuses

View more questions Search