Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mssassypants Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Dating Convicted Felon
    I met my boyfriend through a very good friend of mine. She and I worked in an office together and her brother(my boyfriend) has spent almost 10 years in prison and is due to be released soon. I was wondering if anyone had information about websites that had support groups for people who have gone through this and also families that have gone through this. I am looking to find information about setbacks my boyfriend might encounter and how his sister, myself and the rest of his family will be able to help him through it. He has done very well while inside, getting his GED, taking all kinds of classes and keeping himself out of trouble at all costs, and even though, he has to prove himself to his PO and others, it would probably help him know he is not alone if we have the tools to help him. If there is a christian website, that would be awesome, but any help would be great! Thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2008, 05:33 PM
    ex offender support groups - Yahoo! Search Results

Withoiut knowing your area, here is a general idea of some.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Knowing your area would help.
    mssassypants Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Sorry, Montana. Thank you, in just what you said I gained direction!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2008, 03:15 PM
    Here is a search for Christian prison ministries. They might have things or ideas on where to go from there after they get out that may be helpful
    liar2 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2008, 08:37 AM
    Can I ask what he got convicted for?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convicted Felon [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All I have a federal felony for Bank Fraud. I'm currentlty on probatin and It will end December 2008. So my felony will be on my record once my probation is over. Now I'm engaged and my Fiance' is enlisted in the United States Air Force. His orders will send him oversea's More than likely to...

I am a convicted felon [ 5 Answers ]

I live in the state of California so if anyone can help me please or give me any advive I would appriecate it very much. I am a recovering addict. I have almost five years clean. When I was using, I was a totally different person and went a little crazy, stupid crazy. Anyway, I was convicted of...

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

Convicted Felon Hunting [ 4 Answers ]

In the state of Georgia, is it illegal for a convicted felon to hunt with a "compound bow"?

Convicted Felon [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a convicted felon. I would like to marry my boyfriend that is not a native or a resident of the united States. Is there a waiting period for me to file for his residency?

View more questions Search