Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flowerchildnea Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Do guys prefer LONG or short legs on Women?
    I'm 5'8 and a half, I weigh 112, and I have EXTREMELY long limbs.

My torso isn't "short" but I feel that compared to my long are and legs, it's not as long as it should be.

I researched a website that told me my correct measurements according to "Standardized Body Proportions" in America.

And all of the measurements provided for my height were right on.

So why do I feel so off??

As a male, or even a female looking at another female... do you think it's attractive for a woman to have long legs and a shorter torso?

Or is it attractive for a woman to have a long body, and shorter limbs??

Here's an example of a female with a shorter body, and longer legs
    http://img1.jurko.net/wall/uploads/diaz1331024x768.jpg

And a female with a longer body, and shorter legs
    http://sp5.fotologs.net/photo/37/47/...96807667_f.jpg
    Sarah48375 Posts: 85, Reputation: 13

Mar 23, 2008, 09:30 PM
    Well I'm not a women looking for another women, but I think longer limbs is more attractive on women.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2008, 09:38 PM
    I also think the longer limbs are better...

Reminds me of a line from the movie Pretty Woman...

Vivian: Did I mention… my leg is 44 inches from hip to toe, so basically, we're talkin' about…
    [She wraps her legs around Edward.]
    Vivian: … 88 inches of therapy… wrapped around you, for the bargain price of…
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Mar 24, 2008, 07:42 AM
    [QUOTE=flowerchildnea]I'm 5'8 and a half, I weigh 112, and I have EXTREMELY long limbs.

My torso isn't "short" but I feel that compared to my long are and legs, it's not as long as it should be.

QUOTE]

I am 5ft 8 about 120lbs well last time I checked on the scale... anyway Each guy has different likings, but in actuality it doesn't matter what they like, Its being totally happy with yourself, and embracing your body and loving yourself. Most men I know like confident woman. Believe it or not only us as women notice all the deets, and then you have the men who can care less... I think its okay to have different proportions in fact that is why each of us are different... Take what you got and strut those long legs.. I DO!

Mar 24, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Thank you so much for all of your replies.

So far I've been hearing the same thing whenever I ask.

Maybe I should just start liking my long legs.

And you are right Jolie... we have to like ourselves before anyone else can like us.

I'm not going to say I'm the hottest girl to walk the planet, but I do get lucky sometimes based on looks alone.

Because if it were based on Confidence... no one would EVER find me attractive, haha.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 11:44 PM
    Looks are really over rated. I go for the personality, character, etc of a person a lot more than physical feaures.

Beauty is only skin deep, but an ugly personality goes all the way to the bone.
    docdeblee Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Mar 26, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Hi hon, listen, Im 56 and still think Im cute lol I have been short and chubby all my life, but I always thought I was cute, and never had any problems with men. Men all are different like us, and they all like different things. God made us different for all the different tastes out there. Be happy with who you are and what you look like. Be confident, well groomed, and a good heart. You sound pretty to me, I never had long legs, just short chubby ones that I proudly display in my one piece bathing suit, and if someone doesn't like them, they don't have to look, cause I get hot too lol I love me, just the way I am... GOd Bless
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2008, 11:48 AM
    I wish I could be 5'8!!

Mar 26, 2008, 04:10 PM
    I think some people are getting the wrong impression about me.

This isn't really about guys, or vanity, it's about not feeling comfortable in my OWN skin, because I feel like a spider, or a neanderthal, or a tall person with long string bean legs.

I have 6 sisters, and they are all shorter than me by 3-5 inches.

The all have nice big, shapely legs, shorter rounder arms, and they're not so long like I am.

Being next to them, or any girl I feel like a dude. A lot of the guys I meet are either my height or shorter. It's hard to find attractive guys who are taller than me.

But again, this isn't about guys... this is about feeling comfortable in my own skin.

I still haven't gotten the answer I was looking for.

Do guys prefer longer legs on women, or shorter legs?

I'm not looking for everyone to respond saying "Oh, I just LOVE long legs. Short legs are unattractive" because I don't think short legs are unattractive. I think they're cute, girly, and enable a woman to have a more shapely girlish curve to them.

I just want honest opinions without discrimination.

Thanks =D
    Sarah48375 Posts: 85, Reputation: 13

Mar 26, 2008, 04:20 PM
    If it's not about guys, why are you only looking for the opinion of guys?

I am 5'10". I have a 34" inseam. I know how you feel. If I wear heals I feel like a giant. I already said my opinion earlier. I just wanted to empathize with you.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Mar 26, 2008, 04:32 PM
    Perfect example that all guys like different things... Im about 5"7 and I have a long torso and semi long legs..meaning they don't go on for miles but a good length. But I have really nice, shapely legs. So even though they aren't real long they have awesome shape (yes ill toot my horn here) My fiancee is a leg man, I have always considered long legs more attractive, he doesn't agree. He's seen really long legs without the shape to then(just kinda stick like) So he doesn't think long legs make a good pair of "legs".. my brother on the other hand thinks longer legs are freakin' hot! It really depends on the guy... so don't worry about it! Be happy, many girls would kill to have long legs!

Mar 26, 2008, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah48375
    If it's not about guys, why are you only looking for the opinion of guys?

I am 5'10". I have a 34" inseam. I know how you feel. If I wear heals I feel like a giant. I already said my opinion earlier. I just wanted to empathize with you.
    Sarah I definitely appreciate your response, and I believe it when you say you can relate to me.

I don't think being tall is "unsexy," but I DO think being lanky is.

I've never been over 115 lbs, and I would just like to know what it would LOOK like if my legs were a little shorter.

Maybe then they wouldn't look so stringy, and they could look more muscular, shapely, and sexy... as opposed to just looking like pencils.

People say I have beautiful legs, and that they have a gorgeous shape to them... but I can't see it because I'm just not happy with them.

I wanted the opinion of guys because guys view things differently than women.

All the women I know want to be tall, and they want to have long legs, or have the model physique I always get complimented on having.

So I just wanted to know what kind of legs men found attractive, because most women do things for the approval of men, or to look sexy for men.

But I don't want to be a "model" I just want to be a voluptuous woman, and that's something I've never been.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 26, 2008, 10:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowerChildNea
    Do guys prefer LONG or short legs on Women?
    Yes, we do indeed prefer long or short legs.
    docdeblee Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Mar 27, 2008, 06:55 AM
    Hi hon, I thought I said it all about being comfortable in your own skin. Me I would love the long skinny legs... Look back at all the models from Twiggy on, Tall, ultra skinny, long legs, no breasts... Men adored them... Some men are leg men, love the tall long legs, some men are boob men, some are butt men.. lol... God made us all different for a reason.. FOr example my 2 granddaughters by the same parents.. one is 16 years old 6'1" already and full figured a big girl, the other is skinny skinny and 5'1" tall.. Teaching them to love who they are and how God made them was a challenge in teen years because of all the media... but GOd has a mate for all of us... Be proud of those long legs, you are the envy of many... Look in the mirror and say "wow, I'm beautiful" Don't pick on yourself because you are tall and thin, be proud of how God made you. What you think of yourself is how others will see you, so keep telling yourself how lucky you are to be tall and thin.. GOd Bless
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Mar 27, 2008, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire
    Yes, we do indeed prefer long or short legs.

Lol you are funny.. that just mean you prefer either.. You always know what to say!
    bek2134944 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Apr 12, 2008, 07:28 PM
    I read your question and everyone's response and I totally agree with what's being said. It's MOST important that you love yourself the way you are because that's what matters. And when people see that you are confident, they will love it. I also know that that's waaay easier said than done. I am 5'3'' and I have a short torso and longer legs. The picture you put up of the female with longer limbs is exactly my body, (except I'm shorter) and I am fuller around the bust area. However, my twin is 5'6'' and she has very long legs. She needs a 37'' inseam for her jeans if she wants to wear heels and have them look decent. And her torso is about the same length as mine. So, she has long legs and a short torso. She is often worried that she looks bad. But, what she doesn't realize is that all her friends would kill for her body! She says she thinks guys won't like her, but as I read in someone's previous response, MOST guys don't notice or don't care. Just be comfortable in the skin that you are in! I know science technology is moving fast, but they haven't found a way to shorten one's limbs yet, so we really have no choice but to be happy about our long limbs anywyas. And why do you think you have so many respones on here? Because the same long legged shorter torso girls are typing their concerns into Google and finding your entries! Meaning, you are NOT the only one. And UNTIMATELY, that means that you don't look abnormal because there are hundreds/thousands of other females with your body type. (Me being one of them) So, stay blessed and stay confident! You're beautiful!

(ps. Sorry for the story lol. Got a little carried away)

Apr 15, 2008, 02:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bek2134944
    I read your question and everyone's response and I totally agree with what's being said. It's MOST important that you love yourself the way you are because that's what matters. And when people see that you are confident, they will love it. I also know that that's waaay easier said than done. I am 5'3'' and I have a short torso and longer legs. The picture you put up of the female with longer limbs is exactly my body, (except I'm shorter) and I am fuller around the bust area. However, my twin is 5'6'' and she has very long legs. She needs a 37'' inseam for her jeans if she wants to wear heels and have them look decent. And her torso is about the same length as mine. So, she has long legs and a short torso. She is often worried that she looks bad. But, what she doesn't realize is that all her friends would kill for her body! She says she thinks guys won't like her, but as I read in someone's previous response, MOST guys don't notice or don't care. Just be comfortable in the skin that you are in! I know science technology is moving fast, but they haven't found a way to shorten one's limbs yet, so we really have no choice but to be happy about our long limbs anywyas. And why do you think you have so many respones on here?! Because the same long legged shorter torso girls are typing their concerns into google and finding your entries! Meaning, you are NOT the only one. And UNTIMATELY, that means that you don't look abnormal because there are hundreds/thousands of other females with your body type. (Me being one of them) So, stay blessed and stay confident! You're beautiful!

(ps. sorry for the story lol. got a little carried away)
    No... thank you SOO much.

I really appreciate the story, and the response.

The way you put it makes so much more sense.

I've struggled with accepting myself, and my body for the longest time.

There's a lot to it... but I'll save that for another thread, unless you guys want to hear the story behind my insecurity.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2008, 04:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jolienoire
    Most men I know like confident woman. Believe it or not only us as women notice all the deets, and then you have the men who can care less...
    This is rock solid, golden advice.

My partner is tall, with longer legs. The girl I dated before her was shorter, and proportioned with a longer torso. And one before her was petite, with a shorter torso and legs. Never once have I thought about the proportions being "better" with one woman versus another. Not once.

Now... are some people going to go after certain body types? Sure. My partner likes taller men with broad shoulders, clean shaven and close cut hair and an athletic build. If I had another 2 inches of height, she wouldn't complain... but she seems to like me well enough. ;) my cousin likes shorter, slender men, long hair, not as "athletic" looking. So... sure some guys might like long legs, some short... but I don't think most would say

"boy... shes great but those legs are just about 2 inches too long... too bad. id have dated her"... yknow?

And the advice about a confident woman is spot on.

One of the sexiest things a woman can have is grounded confidence. Not a bloated ego. Not better-than-thou. But solid inner strength. I've always been attracted to women who could put me to the wall and tell me what they thought, wanted, or needed.

A person is their own worst critic. I wouldn't spend a moment worrying about this.

Apr 15, 2008, 12:02 PM
    You see...

You might not have cared about their proportions, but you definitely noticed.

For me, it's about looking odd, or lanky, or weird, because the way someone is built should determine how long/short their body and limbs are.

I personally feel like my torso should be longer, only because I AM tall for a girl, but I feel like it's all leg.

I don't think anyone should ever have a short torso, because one of the sexiest things about a woman's body to me is their stomach/waist.

And to me, torso's just look more attractive when their longer.

About the confidence, I THINK I have it... at least I don't have a problem attracting men.

I think my problem is just with myself, but I don't let it show... It sounds horrible, but I can "pretend" to be confident.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2008, 12:14 PM
    Well I noticed the same way I noticed two were brunette italians, another was blonde... I mean, I'm only describing their bodies. That doesn't mean id ever categorize one as the "lanky girl" or the "short one"...

So... its normal to feel the way you feel... but really, its just stress about something you can't change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guys, do you prefer shy or outgoing women? [ 12 Answers ]

Anyone's opinion is welcome :)

What do you prefer guys, breasts or ? [ 21 Answers ]

I was just wondering what do u consider more attractive, a pair of big boobs or a round firm ?

Legs on Antique Table are too short [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lovely antique dining table that has been in my family for four generations, but the turned legs that are on small castors are too shortfor us, and it's difficult to sit at. How can I "extend" the legs so that the 6-foot+ members of our family can sit at the table comfortably?

View more questions Search