Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    denice Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Mar 24, 2008, 09:22 AM
    Will they extradite me
    I need to know will they extradite me on contempt of court. The judge threw me in jail and said it was contempt of court because I would not tell my sister who is handicap to come back to tn. Right now I am out on a ferlough but I have to turn myself back in. so if I go to fl will they come and get me.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Not likely until you returned to the state where you are in contempt. But why chance it, take the high road and do the right thing.

Mar 24, 2008, 10:32 AM
    I hired a lawyer I will see him at 4,00 today. I can not make my sister come back. And I would never ask this of her. And I do not want to spend the rest of my nature life in there if she does not return. Judges order. I know he is trying to scare me. And doing a good job. But I have to do what is right.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2008, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by denice
    i hired a lawyer i will see him at 4,00 today. i can not make my sister come back. and i would never ask this of her. and i do not want to spend the rest of my nature life in there if she does not return. judges order. i know he is trying to scare me. and doing a good job. but i have to do what is right.

I have no legal advice but I hope this works out for you - you've had a couple of really terrible months and your luck has just GOT to change!
    LifePaparazzi Posts: 86, Reputation: 9

Mar 24, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Most states are in the process of updating and linking their computers to national levels. So, very soon (and some states already have this going) should you get pulled over, for what ever reason, and you drivers license is run through the system, it could show up that you have a warrant out for your arrest. It will then depend on the actuall county, where you were "convicted" to decide whether they want the expense of extraditing you back to their county. But it could take a few days for them to make the arrangement, while you sit there waiting. The court can then turn around and charge you with the cost, and add to your sentense for running. (Have a close friend that works in law enforcment, who told me this.)

So the wise thing to do would be to finish out your sentense and be done with it. Running usually does not accomplish much. Also, do you really want to have to constantly look over your shoulder, afraid the law will catch up with? Hope this helped.

Mar 24, 2008, 04:00 PM
    I wish I was sentenced to something he is just detaining me until she returns which will be never. My brother is going to adopt her. So my sentence was the rest of my natural life for contempt of court. I never had a trial or was charged and given the opertunity to get a lawyer

Mar 24, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Hey I know this is really unfair and really bad. My children wants me to go to fl and fight it from there. I think this is the only way I will get a fair deal. My lawyer said why are you still here, I said I am trying to do what is right. And protect my sister to. I am glad my brothers are helping. Any way tomorrow I will talk to the lawyer and see what he says if any thing different. I guess I know what I have to do and I will write and let you all know you guys have been wonderful

Mar 24, 2008, 05:03 PM
    OK I just figured out what ACLU is so I will try thank you hope this helps will let you know
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 07:30 PM
    Well what happens is they will put a warrant out for you.

If you are stopped you will be held, and they will ask the jurisdiction that has the warrant if they are willling to pay the cost of having your brought back.

So it all depends, if they are mad enough, if they believe your sister is at risk for your refusal to follow the courts orders, yes very likely they will.

It all just depends on how bad the agency that is against you, wants you back.

In the end, you really will not know if they will or won't, until you are caught down there. And if they don't the first time, they can still do it any time they catch you again, and again, and detain you each time while they check

Mar 25, 2008, 03:19 AM
    Can you tell me if I can fight it from fl because of it being so unfair.
    LifePaparazzi Posts: 86, Reputation: 9

Mar 25, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Agree. About the same thing that I said about this. So, yes, you are right.

Mar 25, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Well this is terrible news my sister has to come back the judge here has stopped everyone's check and insurance until she is returned it is terrible they are returning her to the person who abused her
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 25, 2008, 10:00 AM
    Are they? Or does the judge just want her in court so he can talk to her and see what the real situation is and then make a decision?

Mar 25, 2008, 11:03 AM
    Well he ordered her to go and live with the abuser. And then we will have a hearing when it is possible. I wish some one would talk to her my handicap sister first. The ada is going to call her tomorrow, and I gave the newspaper all the information. They are waiting until the ada talks to her. So that is good. She knows what is going on. We just could not get any one to listen. My family is all scared of my mean sister. She has money and time. And will threaten to take you down. So this is a little good will write when something else happens
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 25, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Did you say that she has a guardian ad liteum? Where is that person in all this?

Mar 27, 2008, 09:55 AM
    OK this is the update my brother was going to go to fl. To pick up my sister. They said not to until there is an order. Also we are getting the paper work that says she is our ward and that was done though the milatary. So now everyone is walking on tiptoes. I am pissed though if we did not have money they would have removed her from us. Because we are not high on the toetum pole. And they tried to put her with my mean sister and did not order an evalution knowing that she is mental. So right now she is coming back and then we will fight for her. I told everyone they had to step up. And she told them if they did they would go down. I know my sister is crazy you think I could get her some help. Just a very bad situation bad bad bad. And the guardium I found out belonged to her lesbian club. And I will tell on that in about 10 minutes to the judge

Mar 28, 2008, 03:35 AM
    Boy for being in such a hurry this order is taking awhile. And why do they need an order. She said she would come back. She wants to live here. Just not visit shirley

Apr 6, 2008, 01:38 AM
    Well still no order. I just do not understand. I gave up. I told my sister to stay in fl. She would be safe there and I will send her all the money she needs. Maybe one day they will give her back her check. I hired a lawyer for her. It just seems to drag on. They were in such a hurry now it has just stopped. And I thought it was bad to take her check from her. It is not like she can go and get a job. It is a good thing I have money. What if I did not have any money. Boy I have learned some lessons. It is not always the truth that is right. It is who has the most money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search