Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Indybuck Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 07:52 PM
    My hot water suddenly got hotter and is staying hot
    Not sure if this is anything to get overly concerned about, so I thought I would ask before spending lots of money on a plumber. I have a 75 gal hot water tank and a water softener system. This past week our hot water that is coming out of all of our hot water spigots is VERY hot. I did not mess with anything in the system... it is just a lot hotter for no reason. Should I be concerned? Could this be a sign of a bigger or potentially serious problem? I also cannot figure out how to turn down the hot water heater... hope you can help. Thanks B
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 08:04 PM
    Do you have an electric water heater?
    Indybuck Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 07:59 PM
    It is a 3 year old gas heater

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will a hot tubs water be hotter with 220 than 110? [ 6 Answers ]

We purchased a used hot tub with out a manuel. It is 110 now, the water is 75 degrees. We do not want to spend money on wireing 220 if it will not get any hotter. It seems to me that the water heater is a water heater, and that no matter what type of hook up we have it will only get as hot as it...

99 dodge ram 1500 runs hotter and gets hot easier? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my 1999 ram 1500 318v8 used to run about 1/4 on the temp gauge it has recently started running about 3/8 to 1/2 and climbing grades it easily climbs to 3/4. but cools back down to 3/8 to 1/2 when the grade levels off. Going down steep hills it cools back to a 1/4 and then rises back to 3/8.. ...

Suddenly - no hot water out of shower [ 1 Answers ]

All of a sudden the upstairs shower stopped getting hot water (or, stopped showering hot water). Even if you run the water for a while with the shower thingy pointed to "Hot" no hot h2o cometh. Sink next to shower gets hot fine. Any suggestions? Can I fix this myself? Ta! :eek:

Hot water pressure suddenly dropped [ 2 Answers ]

In kitchen sink, was using hot and cold water (separate knobs) and all of a sudden the hot water pressure dropped to a trickle. I tried taking the faucet apart and checking the washers, and they were all fine. Cleaned everything really well and put it all back together, and still have trickle for...

View more questions Search