Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlenz1029 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Maytag Neptune Spin Cycle Noise
    I have a Maytag Neptune front load washer (model MAH5500B) that has a very loud noise during the spin cycle. This sounds like a turbine starting up. Can anyone help me with what I can do to correct this problem before it gets worse? Thanks.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2008, 12:39 PM
    It's supposed to sound like a jet plane taking off. Unfortunately that's what you get when you buy one of the new flagled models. I had a 2 speed spin cycle washer if put on the "extract" mode it sounded like it was going to sprout wings and take off out of the wash room. Your machine has an extract mode built in with it. Your clothes should come out practically dry from this particular spin cycle and take much less energy to dry and much less time to dry also. Be upsest if it didn't make this nose! And no, it won't get louder either.
    codequest Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 04:01 PM
    Bull. There is a bearing and seal issue that requires attention. Check the forums. Ours was virtually silent in "extract" setting for some years before it got noisy. Now it's quite loud and I'm getting ready to go find parts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Neptune washer LOUD spin out [ 7 Answers ]

Our refurbished Maytag Neptune washer was so quiet spinning out when we first got it two years ago. Now It is so loud when spinning out, we cannot hear each other talk. What can I do? (This is the same reason we replaced our last washer!) If it matters we do at least 15 loads a week... probably...

Maytag Washer loud noise during spin [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Maytag PAV3200AWW washer which recently started making a loud noise during the spin cycle. The sound is constant, varies directly with the speed of the tub spinning, and reminds me of a noisy bearing, or what it might sound like if the tub was trying to spin against the brake. :confused: ...

Washing Machine Noise During Spin Cycle [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I own a Maytage Neptune MAH4000 washing machine. Lately, the spin cycle has been getting more noisy until now when it sounds like an airplane ready to taxi down the runway. I opened the back of the washer to observe and noticed a lot of vibration and large sway of the tub during spin. ...

View more questions Search