Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ADShaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Kirkland Signature, Whirlpool Dryer not turning
    I have a Kirkland Signature Whirlpool Dryer that doesn't want to turn. The Dryer turns on, heats-up, but the "drum" doesn't turn. I've tried to manually turn it once, to check if something had "slipped" or wasn't catching, with the same result.

Btw- its Model# SEDX600JQO

OK - I've taken the top and back panel off and found a broken belt (long and skinny) laying at the bottom of the machine; I was able to remove it by sticking my hand through a hole at the back of the dryer. Can anyone tell me how to remove the drum and replace the belt?
    omaloha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 12:20 PM
    How do I change the belt on my front load electric dryer? It is broken.
    Hanjoch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2009, 03:38 PM
    The dryer is thumbeling but no heat
    ohb0b Posts: 215, Reputation: 14

Apr 12, 2009, 10:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ADShaw View Post
    I have a Kirkland Signature Whirlpool Dryer that doesn't want to turn. The Dryer turns on, heats-up, but the "drum" doesn't turn. I've tried to manually turn it once, to check if something had "slipped" or wasn't catching, with the same result.

btw- its Model# SEDX600JQO

OK - I've taken the top and back panel off and found a broken belt (long and skinny) laying at the bottom of the machine; I was able to remove it by sticking my hand through a hole at the back of the dryer. Can anyone tell me how to remove the drum and replace the belt?

The belt wraps around the drum, and the pulley on the end of the motor shaft.

There is also an "idler" pulley, which is mounted on a lever, which is spring loaded. Pull the lever back, and place the belt so the idler will rest against the OUTER side of the belt when you release it. This will hold the belt tight against both the drum and the motor pulley.

Turn the drum a few times by hand before closing everything up to make sure the belt doesn't slip off the idler assembly.
    ohb0b Posts: 215, Reputation: 14

Apr 12, 2009, 10:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ADShaw View Post

btw- its Model# SEDX600JQO

The belt wraps around the drum, and the pulley on the end of the motor shaft.

There is also an "idler" pulley, which is mounted on a lever, which is spring loaded. Pull the lever back, and place the belt so the idler will rest against the OUTER side of the belt when you release it. This will hold the belt tight against both the drum and the motor pulley.

Turn the drum a few times by hand before closing everything up to make sure the belt doesn't slip off the idler assembly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Kirkland Signature Washing Machine DRAINING Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Bought this AR 711625 Part No. 3953661 5-cycle Heavy Duty Extra Large Capacity 2-speed Washer 2nd hand about a month ago. About 10 days ago, started having trouble with the dirty grey water draining, but found if I hit the machine at a certain place on the top right and side, it would agitate and...

Kirkland Signature Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kirkland Signature Dryer and the rotating barrel seems to have fallen. This is causing my clothes to get stained by what seems like grease. Any idea whether this can be fixed or do I need to replace it? Any information would be valuable. Thanks

Whirlpool Kirkland Signature Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I Have a Whirlpool kirkland signature dryer. It won't start. I set the dial on timer, open the door and push the door sensor and can hear the timer ticking. Reading the post it seems it could be the thermal fuse of the fuse to the door switch. Where are the panels located to open up the unit...

Kirkland Signature by Whirlpool: Freezer racks [ 1 Answers ]

I live in an apartment, and it came with a "Kirkland Signature by Whirlpool" refrigerator, model ST14CKXKQ The freezer has 2 slots for freezer racks, but the freezer racks were gone when I moved in. I've been trying to find out where I can buy replacement racks, but no one seems to carry them....

View more questions Search