Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    levon50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Beckett Model AFG Oil Burner Very Loud + some More!
    Dear Reader from Ask Me:

I have a Oil Heating system almost 10 year old with a Beckett Oil Burner. It has been very loud from the day One.

RWB -Beckett Model AFG .

I am wondering if a new Burner would be any quiter?
    Another problem I have is it starts works for a while stops and all of a sudden restarts for one or 2 seconds and then stops again.

If it will start after stopping why would it start? Is there 2 sets of controls on this I wonder?

The unit is with a Hot water coil in it and heats the 1 family house with water not steam system.

Can anyone e mail me some tips how to make this system quiter please? My e mail is [email protected]

I bet I will be getting tons of e mails.

I don't mind the e mails hope we can get to the bottom of this.

Beckett I am told a very good company would they replace the burner I wonder? (Meaning just the head- blower motor?).

Thank you kindly

Levon

PS Changing the motor might cost $300.00 I am not sure if it will be any quiter?

Does Grainger carry these replacemant units?
    tsa7man Posts: 154, Reputation: 9

Mar 18, 2008, 07:58 PM
    Kindly post the full model number and make of your boiler. There is very specific operation specs. For all boilers / Beckett burners. I can check the Beckett reference book to see how this oil burner needs to be set up... such as pump pressure, air settings, nozzle specs. etc. etc. You need to start here first to evaluate the operation of the Beckett burner, and be sure it is to the proper operation specs... prior to evaluating the noise issue... which can be caused by many things and / or adjustments etc.
    levon50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Thank you kindly for your quick answer.
    Here are some specs
    Make is= SLANT FIN

Model Number L 30 PT

Steam System

anything else please let me know.

Levon

Quote Originally Posted by tsa7man
    Kindly post the full model number and make of your boiler. There is very specific operation specs. for all boilers / Beckett burners. I can check the Beckett reference book to see how this oil burner needs to be set up....such as pump pressure, air settings, nozzle specs. etc. etc. You need to start here first to evaluate the operation of the Beckett burner, and be sure it is to the proper operation specs....prior to evaluating the noise issue....which can be caused by many things and / or adjustments etc.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 10:34 PM
    Beckett I am told a very good company would they replace the burner I wonder? (Meaning just the head- blower motor?).

NO way the warranty has been over for years.

Does Grainger carry these replacemant units?

Oil burners can be very tricky to work on and you need special tools to check pump pressure etc. You would be best served to call a pro.You might think you are saving money by do it yourself but that is false thinking. A professional tune up will save you $$$$ in oil bills
    JJKaithamattam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 12:22 PM
    MY Slant/Fin oil boilers reset button poping up,when two years back the same problem was occur ,that time I change the flame sensor and solve the problem,when this time its happened again I change flame sensor but the problem not solved ,So what can I do now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beckett model AFG burner flame-out [ 14 Answers ]

This season is the first time ever that this has happened. The furnace starts, gets a flame, runs for a while, then it flames-out. It sounds like the oil pump is still running (I hear like a spraying sound). Nothing shuts off. Then the flame will come on again, but may continue flaming-out...

How to prime a beckett burner on oil furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a used furnace, approximately 3 years old. I am trying to prime the burner but the pump is not running long enough. The literature I have says to bypass the timer. How do I do this?

Beckett AFG Burner with R7184A Primary Contrl [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Beckett AFG burner with a Beckett R7184A Interrupted Ignition Oil Primary Control. The fuel line filter was clogged so I replaced it with a new one. When I turned power back on the burner tried to ignite but after 10 seconds or so it shut down. Now the burner will not start and the...

Vent plug for Beckett model AFG [ 1 Answers ]

I need to bleed the line... but I can not find the vent plug to do this. I have a one line and have to bleed line. Please help me locate this plug. Thanks for your help in advance.

Beckett Model AFG Won't Stay Lit [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Beckett Model AFG oil burning furnace that won't stay lit. The reset button keeps popping up. When I press the reset button. The furnace kicks on and I have a flame in the combustion chamber. It will run for about 35 seconds and then shut off, causing the reset button to pop back up. I've...

View more questions Search