Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Dec 30, 2007, 11:47 AM
    Alpha Arbutin
    Has anyone used it and what was the outcome?

Thanks. :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2007, 02:56 AM
    While waiting for others to come along who have had experience with the product about which you are asking, you might like to click on a couple of the links at the bottom of this page to questions at least about Arbutin and see how people have been responding.
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Mar 16, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Found this thread and yeah, I'll soon be trying it. Will keep everyone posted. ;)
    jammixmaster Posts: 282, Reputation: 15

Mar 16, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Nope, haven't used it yet but from what I'm studying about it, I gather that it works EXCELLENT. But again, I myself am not sure. I'll do more studies, post my findings and then maybe purchase it myself. If so, I'll soon post the results.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Mar 18, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Just thought I'd share this description sheet with you guys. ;)
    http://www.centerchem.com/PDFs/Produ...%20Arbutin.pdf

Mar 18, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Thanks Punkchic. Everything I've read seems quite encouraging so far about AA.;)
    nadine01 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 01:38 AM
    Another effective active for skin lightening... aside from kojic acid. It has effects on our melanin, but I don't know the exact mechanism. Ill try to research later.
    Anyway, this is becoming popular in the philippines just like kojic acid.
    One product I like that contains arbutin is the Cyliena black pearl soap and Kate jones Arbutin lotion.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Apr 6, 2008, 02:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8stuff
    Found this thread and yeah, I'll soon be trying it. Will keep everyone posted. ;)

Gr8stuff,

Just wanted to know if you had purchased your alpha arbutin and where you had decided to get it from in the end.

May 16, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Sorry for the late reply Maharani... just found this thread now... I purchased AA already from Garden of Wisdom since their AA is 99.5%. Purchased about a week and a half ago but haven't received yet... will let everyone know about the results, if any.. :rolleyes:
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

May 18, 2008, 11:48 AM
    Looking forward to seeing how you get on.
    phillymantis Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 02:27 PM

Umm anyone have any information on where to buy a good alpha arbutin product?

I'm dark skinned and I want to lighten to a light brown

Is there any skin lotion in particular I can get?
    mepk5 Posts: 371, Reputation: 6

Nov 17, 2008, 06:47 PM

Garden of Wisdom. Com?
    Is that the site that sells AA?
    mepk5 Posts: 371, Reputation: 6

Nov 17, 2008, 06:48 PM

Arbutin is way too slow for me. I didn't see results so I'm back to spotty causing MONO. Then I'll switch to AA. After 4 months.
    chocodoll4eva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8stuff View Post
    Sorry for the late reply Maharani...just found this thread now...I purchased AA already from Garden of Wisdom since their AA is 99.5%. Purchased about a week and a half ago but haven't received yet....will let everyone know about the results, if any..:rolleyes:
    Hi wanted to know if garden of wisdom is not a fraudulent website because I want to order from dem. Thanks
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2009, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chocodoll4eva View Post
    hi jus wanted to know if garden of wisdom is not a fraudulent website cos i wanna order from dem. thanx
    I have heard positive things about Garden of Wisdom, though I have never tried them. Also MakingCosmetics and SkinActives are good.
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Nov 14, 2009, 01:32 AM

I've been using arbutin for a while in different concetrations... not much difference yet.. but I started at 5%, for six months... nothing.. then I got bolder, at 7% then 12% for two or theree month at a time and nothing I was nice and bright... and glowy... but no lightening.. I just wouldn't darken which is good I guess... some days I think I'm lighter... I look back at pics of me and I can tell a bit of difference but nothing major...

Now I'm using about 15%-20% (I'm not an exact scientist... I just kind of eyeball and mix it all together with an immersion blender... lol.. with retin A gel 0.1% and the gel turned the cream super runny, I don' tknow why... and we'll see what happens.. so far nothing but it's only been a week.. lol...

Oh I forgot to mention, after 7% the arbutin creams started to break out my face badly... I think the arbutin powder iteslf just clogs the pores... but maybe with the retin A it won't give me more acne..
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2009, 10:20 PM
    Wow. So, the 7-12% gives you the same glow and a bit of brightness that vitmamin c serum would give and prevented redarkening? Keep us updated how the arbutin/retinta works out.

Also, was the arbutin bearberry or was it alpha-arbutin? Also would you have better results if you used precise measurements?
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Nov 16, 2009, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    wow. So, the 7-12% gives you the same glow and a bit of brightness that vitmamin c serum would give and prevented redarkening? Keep us updated how the arbutin/retinta works out.

Also, was the arbutin bearberry or was it alpha-arbutin? Also would you have better results if you used precise measurements?
    Alpha arbutin... and my measurements are precise enough.. LOL.. I don 't just guesstimate wildly.. I know that 5 grams is 2 tsp... and 5grmas turns 4oz cream into a 5% solution... so I just do the math up from there on oz, and percentage.. lol.. don't worry...
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Boricua1 View Post
    Alpha arbutin... and my measurements are precise enough.. LOL.. I don 't just guesstimate wildly.. I know that 5 grams is 2 tsp... and 5grmas turns 4oz cream into a 5% solution... so I just do the math up from there on oz, and percentage.. lol.. don't worry...
    Lol... ok. Let me know how it works out later on.
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Nov 16, 2009, 10:12 PM

In terms of using higher dilutes of Alpha Arbutin, I wouldn't go too high, or past 5-7%. Your body can absorb and allow the Arbutin to effectively "intercept" the melanogenesis process to a limit, and as such, anything more would be a waste.

I'd be interested in knowing what your original shade of skin color is as well?

Also, funny you should say; 6 grams of Arbutin generally makes a 5% solution in 4 (fluid) ounces of lotion, while there isn't an exact conversion for 'grams' into 'teaspoons' unless you've taken precise measurements to calculate the density of Alpha Arbutin and it's conversion rate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Diference between the types of Arbutin [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know any products in the USA tha contain "Deoxyarbutin"? And did it work for you?How many shades, or just lightens dark spots? I already have found out that Deoxyarbutin and Benzylarbutin are several times stronger than regular Arbutin (regular Bearberry extract) and that...

Kojic acid, Arbutin and vitamin C powders [ 4 Answers ]

I've been searching for skin lightening products and I found Kojic acid, Arbutin and vitamin C powders on Ebay... They says that you can mix one of them into your moisteriser and use it... Have you guys tried that and please tell me the intructions how I can make it... Thanx a lot.

What is an alpha-male? [ 4 Answers ]

I've head this term been used many times, but don't know exactly what it is. Could someone enlighten me? Wikipedia didn't help!

Radiation, range of alpha particles [ 5 Answers ]

Alpha particles lose 5 x 10(-18) J of kinetic energy in each collision they make with an air molecule. An alpha particle traveling through air at STP undergoes around 5(5) ionising collisions with the air molecules for each centimeter of air they travel through. Calculate the range of the alpha...

View more questions Search