Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emily_godzilla Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Mar 14, 2008, 10:40 AM
    Can you get pregnant on the second day on your period?
    I got my period on feb 29th but we had unprotected sex on march 1st. He came inside of me- we thought it was safe. But then my period became very light spotting when it shoulkd have been heavy still. After my period a few days later around the 8th I started spotting but it only lasted a day. Now it is the 14th- I read you can take a test after 10 days so I took one and it was negative. Am I OK or should I be worried?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Well, if you play with fire, you may get burned. Of course it is possible.
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Mar 14, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Take a deep breath and read this article. Its what you need. Good Luck! And be careful!.
    Can you get pregnant right after your period? - BabyCenter
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2008, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by emily_godzilla
    I got my period on feb 29th but we had unprotected sex on march 1st. He came inside of me- we thought it was safe. But then my period became very light spotting when it shoulkd have been heavy still. after my period a few days later around the 8th I started spotting but it only lasted a day. Now it is the 14th- I read you can take a test after 10 days so I took one and it was negative. Am i ok or should i be worried?
    Odds are in your favor, but pregnancy is always possible. Some days in your cycle just offer better odds than others. Since your period is your body shedding the lining that had prepared to sustain a possible pregnancy, it is one of the least likely times to get pregnant. The environment is also not conducive to helping sperm survive... as it would be just prior to ovulation... so they would tend to die off fairly quickly. Several days prior to ovulation, a few hardy souls may last roughly a week, but the majority only hang on for a few days.
    Given that... not everyone ovulates midcycle... and some will ovulate sooner or later than their norm once in awhile. If you tend to ovulate quite early in a cycle... and the sperm hung around long enough, pregnancy becomes possible.

Mar 30, 2008, 09:30 AM
    My period came last month on the 29th of feb and now it is the 30th of march without a period so far. I am usually very regular and run every 30 days the past few months. Besides having unprotected sex on my period we were using the pull out method a lot this month. I know that is not very effective... My best friend laughed at me when I talked with her and said it is impossible to get pregnant on your period. As much as I want a baby now is not a good time for us finacially speaking and I am pretty freaked out. On Thursday I bought 2 epts and on the way home from the drugstore I got into a car accident which was pretty much my fault for not seeing the other car. Everybody was all right my front bumper is just damaged. The tests were negative but I tested later in the day and it was 3 days or 2 days before my period. Could I just be too worried about this and that is delaying my period? My breasts have been very sore now for a week and I am bloated I have also gained weight and am taking more naps-that could all just be pms. I am a lot hungrier then usual which could be stress or depression. Does it sound like I might be pregnant or should I just wait a few days before testing again?

Mar 30, 2008, 09:40 AM
    I forgot to mention that last month my period was a bit strange-instead of starting light it started very heavy and after we had sex it became only spotting. Should I be worried about my period last month? Can it be normal to get a heavier period in the beginning?
    isabelgopo Posts: 58, Reputation: 7

Mar 30, 2008, 12:01 PM
    Of course you can get pregnant! Does ANYBODY use protection in this country? Geeez
    gina l Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 12:33 PM
    I had my iudremoved on march 24 2008 and still have not started my period. Could something be wrong. Could I be pregnant?
    gina l Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 12:36 PM
    I got my iud removed on 3/24/08 and still have not started my period. Could I be pregnant?
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2008, 01:12 PM
    My period came last month on the 29th of feb and now it is the 30th of march without a period so far. I am usually very regular and run every 30 days the past few months. Besides having unprotected sex on my period we were using the pull out method alot this month. I know that is not very effective...My best friend laughed at me when i talked with her and said it is impossible to get pregnant on your period. As much as i want a baby now is not a good time for us finacially speaking and i am pretty freaked out. On thursday i bought 2 epts and on the way home from the drugstore i got into a car accident which was pretty much my fault for not seeing the other car. Everybody was alright my front bumper is just damaged. The tests were negative but i tested later in the day and it was 3 days or 2 days before my period. Could i just be too worried about this and that is delaying my period? My breasts have been very sore now for a week and i am bloated I have also gained weight and am taking more naps-that could all just be pms. I am alot hungrier then usual which could be stress or depression. Does it sound like I might be pregnant or should i just wait a few days before testing again?
    First off, your friend is mistaken about it being impossible to get pregnant during your period. It is not the most likely time, but it can happen. The lining of the uterus is what is shed during a period, fertilization of an egg takes place in the fallopian tubes... not the uterus.
    It is not uncommon for cycles to be off a few days, so maybe give it a few more days and see what happens. The symptoms you mention could be from your period getting ready to start. Try another test if nothing in several more days.

Apr 1, 2008, 08:36 AM
    Doula LC thanks for the advice. I took a test on the day I was supposed to get my period later in the day and it was negative. Then I took one this morning with first morning urine also negative. Yesterday we had sex and a couple hours later I notice some cramping and when I wiped there was light pink but it went away. Today when I wipe there is light pink again but there is not enough to get on my pad so far. So I am really confused about whether this is my period or if it could be implantation bleeding? I am going to wait two weeks and if I still have not gotten my period take another test.

I saw my therapist today and she is very concerned because I am bipolar and currently take medications she is wondering what effect the meds could have on an unborn baby. I take Depakote, trazedone, geodon and celexa. She is urging me to call my shrink and see if he will change my meds to something safer for a baby like lithium respecially since we have been using the pull out method she thinks there is a high risk of pregnancy. I don't know what to do because we are not trying to get pregnant and my boyfriend may get mad if I switch my meds. My therapist said to talk to him about using a condom until I can switch my meds. Any advice?

Apr 1, 2008, 06:10 PM
    I called my shrink-he wants me to go to the doctor tomorrow and have them do a pregnancy test-i think I will ask for a blood test just to be sure.
    4ndr3w5 Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Apr 1, 2008, 09:53 PM
    I got my period on feb 29th but we had unprotected sex on march 1st. He came inside of me- we thought it was safe. But then my period became very light spotting when it shoulkd have been heavy still. after my period a few days later around the 8th I started spotting but it only lasted a day. Now it is the 14th- I read you can take a test after 10 days so I took one and it was negative. Am i ok or should i be worried?
    You can get pregnant A lot EASIER when you're on your period. I mean A lot EASIER! And when you're not on it, you can still get pregnant easy.
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2008, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ndr3w5
    you can get pregnant ALOT EASIER when you're on your period. I mean ALOT EASIER! and when you're not on it, you can still get pregnant easy.
    This is not correct... yes, it can happen, but it is not easier when you are on your period. Majority of women will ovulate midway through a cycle... roughly 12-16 days before a period is due. You can only get pregnant when an egg is present at the time of ovulation. Some women will ovulate a bit sooner, some a bit later than that, but your period is the body getting rid of the lining, caused from an increase in hormone levels, that was produced to support a pregnancy. If there is no pregnancy to support, the hormone levels drop, and that is why the period happens. This is why women do not have true periods during pregnancy.
    The only way getting pregnant when you are on your period, or more likely from having sex during the period, would be easier for someone would be for a women who tends to ovulate very early in a cycle.

Apr 3, 2008, 06:54 AM
    I went to the doctor yesterday and they did another urine pregnancy test which was negative-she said from the look of my urine I was just starting my period but if it doesn't get heavier to take another hpt in a week-this was the nurse not the doc-the doc was not in so I could'nt get a blood pregnancy test. Today it seems heavier I think or am hoping... but it still is not as heavy as my normal second day of my period--should I be worried? Also I am having cramps but they are not as bad as my normal cramps. I guess I am just going to have to wait and see if the bleeding gets heavier or how long this lasts... Is it possible to get a period that is lighter then normal just because of stress or could this be a sign of pregnancy?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Apr 3, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Periods can each be different, some light, some heavy... etc.

Right now, make it a priority to get birth control and save yourself some of this stress.

Apr 5, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Can you have Montgomery's Tubercules and not be pregnant? I noticed these bumps around my nipples and they look like pics of montgomery's tubercules-i never noticed them before but I have had 6 hpt's all negative.
    cindyhill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2011, 01:14 PM
    Yes, you can get pregnant while on your period. If you want to learn more about sex on period, I recommend you to visit this website - http://www.sexonperiod.com/ There are amazing tips! It helped me, a lot.
    jensi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2012, 01:10 PM
    I had sex on the second day of my period and he came inside of me. The next day the flow was very light. The color was kind of brownish. Could I be pregnant? PLEASE ANSEWER ME fast. Thank you
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2012, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jensi View Post
    I had sex on the second day of my period and he came inside of me. The next day the flow was very light. the color was kinda brownish. Could I be pregnant ?? PLEASE ANSEWER ME fast. Thank you
    It is possible if you happened to ovulate very early. The odds are low however. It is not unusual for sex during a period to alter the flow a bit. To know for certain, you would need to wait until your next period is due and see if it shows or not and then test if necessary.

Keep in mind that there is no 100% safe time to have unprotected, or even protected, sex. There are only times in your cycle when it would be more likely and times when it would be unlikely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can you become pregnant a day after you period! [ 6 Answers ]

Can u become pregnant a day or two after you come off your period? Please help me

2 day period.am I pregnant? [ 15 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex about a month ago,but he pulled out. But then my period came on the same day around an hour later. Then my period came the day before yesterday (on the 15th, which is regular) but it finished today, which means it only lasted 2 days and a half. I am not getting any syptoms...

Fifth day of missed period.Am I Pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Well I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend a week before my expected period, but when the day came for it to come it never came. Now I'm 5 days late and I'm getting really worried. Ive been having body aches and headaches every other day... n I've ben getting pain in my stomach and on my sides...

Falling pregnant a day after period [ 2 Answers ]

Can you get pregnant if you had sex a day after your period finished?

View more questions Search