Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Mar 14, 2008, 04:48 PM
    My wisdom teeth haven't come in yet
    Hi! I was just wondering, by what age do your wisdom teeth usually come in? I'm not worried about it or anything, just curious. I'm 23 and mine haven't started to come in at all, but some of my friends have already had to have theirs pulled. What about people on here? What age were you when yours came in?
    Benjimeister Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Mar 14, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Mine started when I was 18.. Some people do have less than 4, and even no wisdom teeth... so if they never show up, no worries.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Usually they come in during the late teen years or early 20s. Some people don't have them, and many people never need them pulled. I don't remember when mine came in, but I had them pulled when I was 23. If you don't have them consider yourself lucky - it SUCKS to have them pulled!
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 07:42 PM
    jillianleab is right, some people don't have wisdom teeth. If there is room they usually come in between 18 and 21. If there is not enough room for them they won't come in at all or may partially erupt. Your dentist should take a Panoramic x-ray to see if and how many wisdom teeth you have and what position they are in if you do have them.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 07:58 PM
    ... be grateful. Extremely.. grateful.
    drsam Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Mar 15, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by flossie
    jillianleab is right, some people don't have wisdom teeth. If there is room they usually come in between 18 and 21. If there is not enough room for them they won't come in at all or may partially erupt. Your dentist should take a Panoramic xray to see if and how many wisdom teeth you have and what position they are in if you do have them.
    I completely agree with her you should get opg done and only then one can come to know how much wisdom one has got... ha ha ha ha ha ha
    rickieC. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2011, 05:04 PM
    Hey I'm 23 and no wisdom teeth ether. Never had any problems but I do not have room for them my teeth are tight as it is. So that may be why.
    grahamoconnell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2013, 01:27 PM
    At the age of 21 my wisdom teeth came in. I had the top left one pulled out after it started to hurt my mouth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Five wisdom teeth. [ 8 Answers ]

So, I've needed my wisdom teeth out for a little while now. I have five wisdome teeth but none of them have erupted yet. My face swells up sometimes and I can't eat.. they cause a lot of pain. Not all the time though. They just act up at times. I've lost my insurance now and the dentist had told me...

Wisdom teeth [ 4 Answers ]

What is the usual cost to remove wisdom teeth?

Wisdom Teeth [ 4 Answers ]

I will soon be getting my wisdom teeth removed and I am assuming that they will put me fully under. I have never experienced this before and with the new movie out (Awake - where the man is mentally awake during his entire surgery and can feel all the pain) I am just a little curious I guess as to...

Wisdom teeth [ 10 Answers ]

All four of my wisdom teeth are coming out together. Uper left one doesn't hurt at all but coming out in a wrong direction, lower left one is perfectly fine so far. The problem is with the right side, there is not enough space for the teeth to come out, uppor or lower part, the pain started couple...

Wisdom teeth [ 3 Answers ]

:-[ Help me, I am 17 and I think I am dying. My mom says that I am getting my wisdom teeth in. My left side of my mouth is slightly swollen and very sensitive. There is a part of my cheek or gums (or something) that is irritated and swollen OVER my back molars. Am I really getting my wisdom...

View more questions Search