Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danradcliffe879 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Feb 10, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Is magic real?
    Is magic real? If they are how r they created?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Feb 14, 2008, 05:59 AM
    Magic is an illusion. Great question. I would love to see peoples views on this.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 14, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Magic itself isn't real, but the effects may well be. Since magic is the art of simulating an effect, often the result is real, though the method employed is not.

So, even if you "fibbed" a little on the presentation and method of accomplishment, if you end up with a desired result, that's real enough. Yes?
    mani_jeddah Posts: 75, Reputation: -1

Feb 14, 2008, 10:16 AM
    There is 2 kinds
    1st we call it trick from which the viewer c something and don't c how it happened but if he constrated then he may knew the trick

2nd 1 is real from which the satans are included and you have to submit yourself to them
    N this is a big science
    belsammael Posts: 43, Reputation: 6

Mar 11, 2008, 09:50 AM
    It depends on what you define as magic... somebody once said "every act is an act of magic", but that might sound a bit corny or cliché. Some other people perform rituals/witchcraft, and well... it depends.

But if you're talking about the kind of magic you see on TV... then: tricks, sorry. ;)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2008, 09:51 AM
    All illusion.
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Mar 11, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    All illusion.
    I agree. Why thank you
    mrah Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Mar 17, 2008, 01:33 PM
    It all really depends on what you define magic to be.
    I believe in magic. There are some things that cannot be explained, but that really do happen. Really, its all what you believe.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Magic as Needkarma said is an illusion.

Some are performed using tricks of the human kind,while others maybe performed with the help of the Satanic kind.

Both are real to the one observing,unless one is familiar with the trick themselves.

The human tricks,some take elaborate planning and some are hard to guess what exactly happens during the act.Some are simple tricks,sleight(sp) of hand or other simple techniques disguising tricks to seem like magic.

The kind where Jinns/evil spirits help is done by some fortune tellers or soothsayers or even others in order to make a person believe what they see or feel is real.

The performer makes money either way or some even wield a sort of power over the audience even after the magic act is over.
    love is abby Posts: 114, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Sure! Different answers from different people.
    jammixmaster Posts: 282, Reputation: 15

Mar 21, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Magic (real magic, not magic tricks) is real. Magic is simply the manipulation of energy, so you can never physically see it happening, rather you feel it when casting spells. So when people say: "ok then, if magic is real then show me" I cant, because I can't show them energy. And if they say: "Well then magic isn't real" then they're basically saying that energy isn't real, which means that science has lied to us. Because science has proven that energy exists. So if magic isn't real then neither is science. But anyway, magic also works by like attracting like. What that means is that if you decide to see if magic is real and you cast a spell and you don't believe it will work, then it won't. Why should the Gods allow magic to work for a non-believer? Its kind of like Jesus answering the prayers of a satanist. Makes no sense, the same applies to Wicca and magic. So to put it simply, magic is real... its nothing more than manipulated energy.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 21, 2008, 11:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jammixmaster
    "magic is energy...science is energy...so if someone says magic isn't real they're saying energy isn't real...science has lied to us"
    "if magic isn't real then neither is science"
    "magic is real...I can't prove it because I can't show energy"
    "why would the gods allow magic to work for a non-believer?"
    What a bunch of gobbledygook. You actually follow that circular logic in your own head? Jammix, read those quotes of yours a few times and tell me you don't get dizzy from the spin!

Magic is tricks, not energy. Energy is energy. When it's manipulated you can test it. If you cant' test it then you're blowing smoke.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 12:07 AM
    Most magic is tricking your mind -- setting up a trick to get known result

Smoke and mirrors -- taah daahn -- practice makes perfect -- got cha

http://home.att.net/~solos_holiday/2008/_011/egg.htm
    jammixmaster Posts: 282, Reputation: 15

Mar 22, 2008, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire
    What a bunch of gobbledygook. You actually follow that circular logic in your own head? Jammix, read those quotes of yours a few times and tell me you don't get dizzy from the spin!

Magic is tricks, not energy. Energy is energy. When it's manipulated you can test it. If you cant' test it then you're blowing smoke.

I'm not going to fight you on my beliefs. This is my religion, if you think its "gobbledygook" then that's good for you. For me, I am Wiccan so magic is very real to me and I practice it every day. Magic tricks is one thing, Wiccan magic is another. You don't believe, that's fine. I don't downgrade your religion so I suggest you don't downgrade mine.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Explain what kind of wiccan magic you do please.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 10:00 AM
    I guess one has to ask what type of magic, since this is asked under "arts and lesure, I would assume they are talking about pulling a rabbit out of your hat and so on.

That is tricks, and great ones, I worked with one 20 years ago, they did a mind reading thing, then some magic tricks and the such.

If you are asking about "Magic" as done though a religious practice, this is another argument that can get heated since there are many opinons about it.

Since the bible warns Christians from the evil of it, I would have to say I believe it can be real or we would not have been warned against it
    katelyn8000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2012, 05:51 PM
    I believe in magic, for I can do it. You must use a beam of energy, which has to be created while in a certain state, and help the energy grow. Once large enough, you must develop your mind on the task you want, and shoot the beam of energy. It can be done through your hands, eyes, movement, voice and more. It is a very hard task, and can only be done when chosen. It is helpful to meet me, and do lessons, otherwise it is very painful, and hard to do alone. Most of the tricks you try, will come out negative. You have to have certain guidance and knowledge. I am happy to ask, or help anybody. MAGIC ISN'T A PHONY, OR ILLUSION! SOME IS THOUGH, BY HUMANS WHO LOVE TO TRICK OTHERS FOR MONEY!
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Feb 27, 2012, 03:09 PM
    Magic and Magick are really two different things. Of course magic really derived from magick but the means to an end are entirely different. Of course magic in the sense of tricks is just that... trickery and slight of hand. But there is a different world in magick. Yes it is real and yes it can effect even Christians and those who don't believe in it. The key is, especially in the Christians's case, is how much they allow it to effect them. In the case of magick being those forces that an individual manipulates to arrive at a certain result... it is very real... what is so terribly misunderstood, however, is the actual forces behind the manipulating... and even the forces themselves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real stats/ real decisions [ 1 Answers ]

You work for a manufacturing company as a statistical process analyst. Your job is to analyze processes and make sure they are in statistical control. In on process, a machine cuts wood boards to a thickness of 25 millimeters with acceptable margin of error of +/- 0.6 millimeter. (Assume this...

Big Magic [ 7 Answers ]

:( Over the years I have seen the space shuttle and planes vanish live on TV.I have been told the people in the audience did not see the plane or shuttle vanish. The plane and shuttle did not vanish.The people were told to act as if it had vanished. Does anyone feel this is what happens on TV?...

How to on this magic trick [ 10 Answers ]

I was bored one day and decided to look on YouTube at some magic tricks. I found this guy, and I was wondering how this trick was done. http://www.youtube.com/v/-MLPS9Zq2nM It's about 8 minutes long and mostly in Japanese, but you don't really need to know what they're saying. Any insight...

Partition Magic [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to move executable files (programs) from one partition to another? I am running Partition Magic Ver. 8 Thanks in advance

View more questions Search